The Sunday night ambient now spinning thread

Definitely need to check out the rest of that series, that album is pretty damn good.

I really only know him from a few remix songs, probably should also check out his other work.

Plotkin originates from the weirdo late eighties/nineties grind band OLD Old Lady Drivers. He's done a lot of other stuff, notably the drone/hardcore supergroup Khanate with O'Malley of Sunn o))). He mostly does mastering for vinyl cuts nowadays. Plotkins solo output is really interesting, mostly guitar and computer drone and ambient, a fair bit of it is harsh sounding but always a compelling listen.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the sportsball is over, it's time for some Sunday night ambient:

a1328786834_16.jpg

Hirotaka Shirotsubaki - fragment 2011-2017 -- a collection of 15 "fragments", although the whole album is 100 minutes long. Assorted styles ranging from beatless to static. "Name Yer Price" lossless download from Bandcamp.

--Geoff  

• Like 1

a3338812004_16.jpg

Brian Green - Tibetan Singing Bowl Meditation -- 100 tracks of drones created from Tibetan singing bowls ... with each track lasting up to 50 minutes that's a big dollop o' drone. There's a second volume available but I doubt that I will ever get to the end of this one. "Name Your Price" lossless download from Bandcamp.

--Geoff

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From Dunedin New Zealand, someone who ought to be as well known as the Opal/EG Records musos. 

2048.jpg

I play this almost as often as I play "Apollo - Atmospheres and Soundtracks".

A few years back Adrian was selling CDRs of his entire back catalogue for $120 the lot - bargain! These days, who needs cover art anyway?

Link to wikipedia article

Link to web site

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

a2017203887_16.jpg

Kowalski Room - Two Minutes From Forever -- Almost 2 hours of chilled ambience. Described as "Blurred visions of nature. Blurred sounds of piano and strings. Phased layers of recycled motifs." And that's about right. And it's a "Name Yer Price" lossless download from Bandcamp.

1. Nocturne 39:27
2. The Song of the Piano in the Night 50:13
3. Just Two More Minutes 23:35

--Geoff

• Like 2

WUQqXmV.gif

I mentioned Jamie McMenamy's Live Stream 001 yesterday, and have been listening to the other volumes in the series since then. Really excellent stuff. All are improvised guitar soundscapes. All are "Name Yer Price" 24-bit lossless downloads from Bandcamp.

Linkies: #2#3#4#5

--Geoff

Edited by hired goon
  • Like 1