Aslan Acoustics Owners & Discussion Thread

Yeah, they're pretty chunky Curious. BTW Soundlabs have already got them up on their website. My IT dude cant do mine for a week or so......... :blush:

The final price is directly reflective of the raw materials cost........ :mellow:

I can't believe the price of class A grade timber nowadays, it's not like it grows on trees now is it...hang on...Doh! :huh:

B)

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, as Big Kev used to say "I'm Excited"...........the time has arrived to plan R1's welcome into the world :P.

Thursday 10th July..............first pics of the finished product.

An SNA exclusive, you guys get to see 'em before anyone else :P.

Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th July...........the SNA R1 GTG, right here at sunny downtown 'Northo'. Start planning your schedules boys and girls, this will be the Mother of all GTG's. As is tradition at "The House of Aslan", we'll start sometime before lunch on Saturday and probably end in the small hours of Monday morning with some nana naps in between .

Need I say.............bring your torture tracks with you..........................

Andrew

Thursday 10th July..............first pics of the finished product.

An SNA exclusive, you guys get to see 'em before anyone else :P.

I love pics...:) I'm not leaving these forums until then - I wanna be first to see 'em...:P

cheers

2sheds

All the best with them Andrew I know they will be spectacular but really is it wise to have a load of drunk SNA members hanging out around some very pricy speakers when they have not even seen the light if commercial day yet? God Iheard a story of some sober SNA member putting a bottle of beer on top of one members prized speakers - can't imagine what might happen after 24hours of drinking at house of Aslan! All the best and sorry I wont be in the big smoke to see them.

Can you give us a time for posting the first pictures when it gets closer so those of us on line can be ready and waiting!!!!

Hey I wonder if there are audio spies like in the car world - ie journo's that go around trying to get early pictures of new release models - watch out Andrew some unscrupulous SNA members might be hanging outside your place with a long telephoto lens trying to snap of the $1m picture to put on SNA before you - sheds you know you want to!!!

Thanks for the support guys, much appreciated.

Grumpy, it's not near The Port.

Dave, it would be great to have you and Erin up here...........we do have fun at our GTG's.

Andy, they'd need to be very tall to reach the top, so I dont think resting beer on them will be an issue. The pics will not be taken until the day before, and these things are under very tight security until then.

Nudie, just briefly..........1.8 metre tall fully active 5 driver 3 ways plus 15" onboard subwoofer. Each tower has 1,500 watts rms of rear plate mounted amplifiers, with each driver operating independently in its own chamber. Fully programmable electronic crossovers with room and speaker correction software which is all programmable via laptop USB interface. Approximately 280kgs each.

All they need is 240volts and an RCA or balanced input..............which is why a device like Terry's Salmon will eventually front them..............music server and pre in one box.

Dave, it would be great to have you and Erin up here...........we do have fun at our GTG's.

Andy, they'd need to be very tall to reach the top, so I dont think resting beer on them will be an issue. The pics will not be taken until the day before, and these things are under very tight security until then.

Nudie, just briefly..........1.8 metre tall fully active 5 driver 3 ways plus 15" onboard subwoofer. Each tower has 1,500 watts rms of rear plate mounted amplifiers, with each driver operating independently in its own chamber. Fully programmable electronic crossovers with room and speaker correction software which is all programmable via laptop USB interface. Approximately 280kgs each.

All they need is 240volts and an RCA or balanced input..............which is why a device like Terry's Salmon will eventually front them..............music server and pre in one box.

Wow

Price......

Hey I wonder if there are audio spies like in the car world - ie journo's that go around trying to get early pictures of new release models - watch out Andrew some unscrupulous SNA members might be hanging outside your place with a long telephoto lens trying to snap of the $1m picture to put on SNA before you - sheds you know you want to!!!

Tempting, Italiano Spiderman, tempting....:P But I do have some scruples...:P

cheers

2sheds

Sounds like MTMW?

Sounds like MTMW?

more like SW WMTMW...you know, usual Aslan overkill.

Just checked and can put a few people up for the night, easily around seven, more if people get drunk enough to share beds, and one more than that if I am not welcome :P

Geez, many thanks terry, mucho appreciado.

Locked in then, 26th and 27th July..................book your flights boys and girls.

Yes Trevor, you better be here, you too cheekyboy.

As you can see by Terry's post, he has already organised for interstaters to have a bed at "Chateau de Terrysmum" located 50 metres from the GTG venue. Suggest you start booking beds with Mr Jones if you intend spending the night of Saturday 26th here. I will have a spare bed and a couple of couches available for those too drunk to walk, stagger or crawl 50 metres, or those who might disgrace themselves in finer surroundings.

The venue is Aslan Acoustics (behind Peps Auto), Unit 3, 6 Charles St, North Richmond NSW 2754. Around 1.5hrs drive from Sydney Airport via M5, M7 and Richmond Rd.

Hi David................pics on the 10th July and not a day before.

Nude, $79,995 system price including Music Server when completed........it will be sold as a total solution.

Ran a subbie spl test today and achieved the designated magic number....................

122dB @ 80Hz @ 1 metre.