Harman How to Listen : TEST

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fordgtlover

I downloaded it a while back and had a few sessions. This thread reminds me that I need to get back to it. I'm always up for some help to improve my ability to hear things and describe them in music.

I like this comment; "do we listen to our gear or the music?". I don't see anything wrong with the gear listeners and the music lovers. Get your kicks how you want them. I never get anylitical with my gear or others when listening to music. I'm a music lover with a half a foot in the gear camp. I roll all my own, speakers, amps, preamps, cables, etc.

The only time I would comment on gear (my own or others) is when I feel there is something wrong. If it is a bit too bassy or a bit muddy in the mids, I'm not overly fussed. But if the bass was far to thin or treble sounded mutted I may comment. If my own gear I would attempt to correct the issues. But all gear has a signature, if you don't like it and you can, change it. If not sit back and enjoy the music. For me that is about four hours a day, every day.

• Like 2