SOLD: [SYD] Yamaha GT-750 QDD turntable

Item full name and model etc. Yamaha GT-750 Quartz Direct Drive turntable
Location Bondi NSW
Item condition description Excellent apart from: 1) a little veneer lift on one corner; 2) a little crack on the dust-cover at a hinge part.
Price and price conditions $800 
Reason for selling Want something smaller
Payment Methods: Cash - Pickup, or Bank transfer
Extra Info: Hifido.co.jp currently has 3 of them for about A$1,250 excl. shipping.

Mine has no chrome finish plague on the tonearm which is rather prevalent among the GT tables.

Comes with the original headshell. Will throw a used Ortofon Supreme MC10 cartridge. 

A premium, very quiet Japanese step-down transformer to 100V also included. 

Will consider shipping to interstate if necessary.

Pictures Here are some photos..

post-123585-0-32745500-1413502020_thumb.

post-123585-0-84108000-1413502020_thumb.

post-123585-0-39400200-1413502021.jpg

post-123585-0-92668900-1413502021_thumb.

post-123585-0-39485500-1413502022_thumb.

post-123585-0-87160500-1413502022_thumb.

post-123585-0-40694700-1413502023_thumb.

post-123585-0-89079100-1413502023_thumb.

post-123585-0-56280100-1413502024_thumb.

@@candyflip

I've never really understood the seeming lack of love for Yamaha t/tables?

I mean they make such stellar hi-fi equipment generally and they always look the part - but then, I've never actually heard one of their turntables.

How would you describe it David, if I may?

My bet is that because their best turntables are really the GT series. GT2000X, GT2000, GT1000 & GT750.

And they were not available outside Japan! They still have a huge following in Japan, and the Japanese know their vinyl...

I have a few friends in Asia who had/have both GT2000 & GT750 at the same time, and their view is that the GT750 is very close to the GT2000 in performance.

Well they have practically the same arm anyway.

IMO This is a very good buy ! sensational TT for that money - HiFiDo are selling them for more than that $US and thats before freight.

I has one of these and it was so impressed I upgraded to big brother GT2000 and sold my Linn :)

• Volunteer

IMO This is a very good buy ! sensational TT for that money - HiFiDo are selling them for more than that $US and thats before freight.

I has one of these and it was so impressed I upgraded to big brother GT2000 and sold my Linn :)

And I bought it off @@Chill3 when he upgraded. Still going strong and I still love it.

• Like 2

I own big brother GT-2000 fantastic turntables typical Yamaha all function & performance. Can imagine the GT-750 would be well thought out with perhaps not quite the lavish engineering that the GT-2000 series has - which is probably Yamaha's finest ever turntable. (Certainly the GT-2000X version was) And one of the best direct drive turntables ever.

Hi !

I'd be interested, I need to find a phono pre-amp too though, no phono input on my AMP !

G'day - let me know when you've decided on the right phono pre. Heaps of choices out there.

Say what...perhaps I need to rethink sale of this.

I own big brother GT-2000 fantastic turntables typical Yamaha all function & performance. Can imagine the GT-750 would be well thought out with perhaps not quite the lavish engineering that the GT-2000 series has - which is probably Yamaha's finest ever turntable. (Certainly the GT-2000X version was) And one of the best direct drive turntables ever.

Ha, a friend of mine had a 2000 and bought a 2000X, keeping them both!

Interesting that this is not gone

Brand over content, IMO this TT would better a Rega 8 for example or match a VPI Scout let alone a price compatible model

But there you go

Still for sale

Edited by Chill3

Is it understandable for non Japanese speakers ?

It comes with pics and stuff...the important stuff like overhang can be understood by a vinylhead :)

Interesting that this is not gone

Brand over content, IMO this TT would better a Rega 8 for example or match a VPI Scout let alone a price compatible model

But there you go

Still for sale

Mmmmm.....you're making me really two minded about this sale.....

@@baramuse

Hey man, the table is sold pending payment & pick up.

If the deal fails I will come back to you and other people on the waiting list.

As for DAC & good network player, sounds like a Squeezebox Duet would fit the bill...you don't REALLY need a DAC in that case.

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation.

Donation Payment Options

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:

donate-button.png

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.