Nick Cave 180g Vinyl

From their FB page

"Fourteen classic Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds albums are to be re-released on heavyweight 180g vinyl for the first time, dating back to 1984’s From Her To Eternity. The first vinyls will be released on 27 Oct, then throughout winter into early 2015.
Pre-orders are open now. 
http://shop.nickcave.com/music.html
Full details on the remastered vinyl re-issues here: bit.ly/1pbFNS4
More news on the North American vinyls soon, US/ Canadian release dates start 16th December."

I do not have any NC on vinyl so i thought id ask, are there releases that are worth getting apart from this upcoming 180g release. 1st time on 180g however at the risk of starting an old argument that doesn't automatically indicate audio quality.

...and another question, was never a Nick Cave fan until I saw Grinderman, which I love.

What Bad Seeds stuff should the Grinderman/Birthday Party fan be seeking out?

Nothing after and including The Good Son

Ps

Nick LOVES Leonard Cohen

You should hear him cover Don't Go Home With You're Hard On

Lennies version has a so drunk Bob Dylan that he recorded his vocals lying down and Allen Ginsberg on backing vocals

Nick Cave should be shot in the head and put down in having the word " vinyls " in his press release!  ;)

Are these new releases worth getting on vinyl - hell yea if the mastering is any good and you don't have any original releases on vinyl.

All classic albums on the first release date

From Her To Eternity
The Firstborn Is Dead
Your Funeral… My Trial (double vinyl

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

Awesome!

Abattoir Blues here we come

I've had this pre ordered for a few weeks now. Can't wait. :love

Now waiting for "No More Shall We Part" and "the Boatmans Call" to get released in '15.

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 1

I think you guys that don't have all of Nick Cave on vinyl will be in for a treat.  Based on the excellent original vinyl remasters Mute did a few years back, I would be pretty sure they will sound excellent.   

"Vinyl transfer approval overseen by Mick Harvey Summer 2014, cut at Abbey Road studios and all personally approved by Nick Cave"

I have decided over the next week or so to listen to all the Nick Cave & Bad Seed lp's in chronological order.   Just played From her to Eternity and Firstborn is Dead - :D:thumb:

15374082730_58121e05af_b.jpg

• Like 3

Chris

you don't own any Nick on vinyl anymore?  

If that is the case, could be an expensive few months for you :thumb:

Hi Shane.

I have Push The Sky Away and Live from KCRW on vinyl. Not overly impressed with the live album. It sounds great, but doesn't grab me emotionally.

Hi Shane.

I have Push The Sky Away and Live from KCRW on vinyl. Not overly impressed with the live album. It sounds great, but doesn't grab me emotionally.

I purposely stay away from live albums mostly, even thou KCRW might not be seen as a live album persay but to me it reeked of Show me the money now that I am off MUTE and on my own label.   

There are two Nick Cave's that play live these days - the one that sits down at the piano and begins to sound like Elton John and the one that stands up with the mic and moves and rocks like the musical genius he actually is. 

You have plenty of great Nick albums to choose from in the next few months :)

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

I'd say Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus.

AB rocks, LoO  is more ballad like. Best of both worlds.

Agreed, but as MB has said, you can't distill Nick Cave's career down to one album.  Just make Abattoir Blues your first in a string of Nick Cave albums that you buy.

• Like 1

If I could only buy ONE album, which one should it be?

The Good Son

I think it's his best record and one of the best 3 or 4 Australian records of all time

I think the new release of it on cd a few years ago contained a great cover version of Neil Young's Helpless

I purposely stay away from live albums mostly, even thou KCRW might not be seen as a live album persay but to me it reeked of Show me the money now that I am off MUTE and on my own label.   

There are two Nick Cave's that play live these days - the one that sits down at the piano and begins to sound like Elton John and the one that stands up with the mic and moves and rocks like the musical genius he actually is. 

You have plenty of great Nick albums to choose from in the next few months :)

Nick never sounds like Elton John

The 2nd 3rd and 4th Elton John records are great

You can't distil Nick down to one album. Listen to his music and buy around the time of the track you currently like and work your way through the rest as your tastes progress - they are all good.

• Like 1

I think you guys that don't have all of Nick Cave on vinyl will be in for a treat.  Based on the excellent original vinyl remasters Mute did a few years back, I would be pretty sure they will sound excellent.   

"Vinyl transfer approval overseen by Mick Harvey Summer 2014, cut at Abbey Road studios and all personally approved by Nick Cave"

I have decided over the next week or so to listen to all the Nick Cave & Bad Seed lp's in chronological order.   Just played From her to Eternity and Firstborn is Dead - :D:thumb:

...oooohhh the horror. Hope you clean those vinyls after that dirty carpet  :nana

...oooohhh the horror. Hope you clean those vinyls after that dirty carpet  :nana

Kev, you should be shot and put down by even mentioning vinyls  :nana

All LP's are safely secure in their outer plastic sleeves  :)

• Like 1