Kuzma Turntables. Does anyone have experience with these?

Hi SNA'ers

I am looking at a new turntable. I heard the Kuzma Sogi S at Stephen's Tube Sound Audio and was blown away... of course by the whole system (300B OTL bi-amps etc)

It would be good to hear of others' views.

Wayne

I presume you mean the Stabi S with the Stogi arm.

A brilliant sounding combination for the money but IMO requires the extra to be spent on a decent support base and a cover. I prefer a more enclosed 'deck myself. Oh and the adaptor for 45's is annoying if you play a lot of them.

I also think the RP6 with a good cart is better sounding but your mileage may vary.

Hi SNA'ers

I am looking at a new turntable. I heard the Kuzma Sogi S at Stephen's Tube Sound Audio and was blown away... of course by the whole system (300B OTL bi-amps etc)

It would be good to hear of others' views.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I believe Samman recently replaced his Once Analog with a Kuzma TT (don't know which one) ... you may like to contact him.

Regards,

Andy

I presume you mean the Stabi S with the Stogi arm.

A brilliant sounding combination for the money but IMO requires the extra to be spent on a decent support base and a cover. I prefer a more enclosed 'deck myself. Oh and the adaptor for 45's is annoying if you play a lot of them.

I also think the RP6 with a good cart is better sounding but your mileage may vary.

The rega house sound..either you love it or not..  but for the $$ ..cant go wrong with the rp6.

Yes, the Stabi needs to sit on a good isolation platform.  I have mine that sits on a 1inch thick bamboo chopping board that is suspended on 3 cones on a concrete paver/foam/concrete paver sandwich.  This dampens nearly all acoustic feedback from the speakers.

You can get a Kuzma external psu that removes the need to use the 45rpm pulley. 

Edited by katattack74

Thank you all

At Tube Sound Audio I was subject to many new sounds ..  300B OTL monoblocs through a 12 inch full range at a mere 5.6 cfeet volume.

The sound was simply amazing. So my Linn and Rega feel threatened by the Stabi S that Stephen used that day. Hence the broader question posted

Wayne

The rega house sound..either you love it or not..  but for the $$ ..cant go wrong with the rp6.

Yes, the Stabi needs to sit on a good isolation platform.  I have mine that sits on a 1inch thick bamboo chopping board that is suspended on 3 cones on a concrete paver/foam/concrete paver sandwich.  This dampens nearly all acoustic feedback from the speakers.

You can get a Kuzma external psu that removes the need to use the 45rpm pulley. 

So complicated...  ;)

I just enjoy all the feedback. :P

• Like 2