ipad for photographers

I use photoshop/camera raw on my desktop, but i also use iphoto on my ipad. It wont handle raw and its really no substitute for a decent screen and good editing software, but it does basic stuff and its good to check out a days photography on the couch or on the beach without having to sit at a desk.

The new 8.02 operating system update - as well as slowing up my ipad 2 to an almost unusable pace - has killed off iPhoto. Its very irritating and I wouldnt have upgraded had i known this.

Does anyone have experience of other editing packages - not too sophisticated - i should check out for the ipad?

My ipad has slowed considerably since that update. I have noticed that every update has reduced the actual user friendliness bit by bit.

Being of cynical mind, I was wondering if the updates are actually seeded to ruin the older pads, and force you to buy a new one.

ZM

My ipad has slowed considerably since that update. I have noticed that every update has reduced the actual user friendliness bit by bit.

Being of cynical mind, I was wondering if the updates are actually seeded to ruin the older pads, and force you to buy a new one.

ZM

I think its because the software development so rapidly outstrips the hardware, but they dont exactly help you maintain older gear. Id be happy if they just listed the changes that updates will make then You could upgrade or not. There was no warning about iphoto.

Photos was a really useless apple app but it looks Ike theyve added functionality to bring it little closer to waht iphot was. It may be good enough now just for reviewing photos.

Lightroom is probably the way to go - i like the fact that the mobile app and desktop synchronise. I should probably just bite the bullet and get the full creative suite package but Im reluctant because im using an older version on my desktop which does the job and i resent having to buy a subscription.

Edited by buddyev

• 2 weeks later...