SOLD: Audax / Visaton 3 ways - separate bass & head units.

Item: Audax / Visaton 3 Way Loudspeakers

Price: $750.00 [SOLD]
Item Condition: Drivers and enclosures are in very good condition.
Reason for selling: Too many loudspeaker projects and not enough time for them all!
Payment Method: Cash, EFT, PayPal
Extra Info: I built the enclosures for these three ways a little over four years ago and I ran them with a passive three way crossover network. The passive network has unfortunately mostly gone as parts for other builds, but my aim anyway for these 3 ways was to run them fully active and using a DSP for the crossover network duties.

The bass unit enclosure is around 45 lts and is constructed from 25mm mdf and the head units are made from 19mm mdf and both are finished in Jarrah veneer.

The drive units are as follows:

Woofer - Audax PR240ZO Aerogel 10".

Midrange - Audax HM100ZO HDA Aerogel 4"

Tweeter - Visaton G 25 FFL 1" Fabric Dome

This build will suit anyone wanting a high performance 10" three way loudspeaker, but you'll need to add an electronic or passive crossover network.

Preference is for local pick up, but it may be possible to transport these to Sydney / Newcastle or any stops on the way up the Hume from Melbourne, in early November.

Pictures: 

post-105039-0-85380800-1412981590_thumb.

post-105039-0-25719400-1412981615_thumb.

post-105039-0-61578900-1412981636_thumb.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy

Guest yamaha_man

I have heard these speakers too many times to mention.

A stunning example of DIY and very, very well priced.

They punch well above their asking price.

l would think a commercial speaker of this calibre would be costing around the 5k mark.

@@Butcho these are for you if you can get them to W.A.

GLWTS KeithyBoy.

Thanks for the kind remarks Joe and Bill. I have seven pairs of loudspeakers and one sub currently residing in the house and even I can see I need to find some space. :D  These three ways are the least likely to come to full fruition in the short term, so logically they should be the ones to go. The whole project owes me a lot more than what I'm asking, but it should be a good opportunity for someone to end up with a very good sounding high quality three way for relatively little expenditure.

Cheers,

Keith

If the buyer is in Sydney, im willing to help for the crossover for a minimal costs plus parts, as i like to work with Audax and Visaton drivers, but never get the chance to.

I didnt see this cab at Keith's last time, but he builds pretty good cabinets, sadly better than me in certain aspects [emoji1]

If the buyer is in Sydney, im willing to help for the crossover for a minimal costs plus parts, as i like to work with Audax and Visaton drivers, but never get the chance to.

I didnt see this cab at Keith's last time, but he builds pretty good cabinets, sadly better than me in certain aspects [emoji1]

Hi Henry,

That's a kind offer if a buyer from up your way wanted to run them with a passive network and you'd have a lot of fun with the Audax drivers and especially the brilliant little HM 100ZO midrange, which I still reckon is one of the best midrange drivers ever made.

When you were out here last week, the bass bins were up in the back corner of the back room where you listened to the CH1s and the head units were up on top of my storage unit in the front room. BTW, thanks to your measurements the other night, we've managed a considerable improvement with the use of a BSC circuit with the CH1s and I'll be experimenting a bit more in the coming week with some different component values in the BSC.              

Cheers,

Keith

Hi Henry,

That's a kind offer if a buyer from up your way wanted to run them with a passive network and you'd have a lot of fun with the Audax drivers and especially the brilliant little HM 100ZO midrange, which I still reckon is one of the best midrange drivers ever made.

When you were out here last week, the bass bins were up in the back corner of the back room where you listened to the CH1s and the head units were up on top of my storage unit in the front room. BTW, thanks to your measurements the other night, we've managed a considerable improvement with the use of a BSC circuit with the CH1s and I'll be experimenting a bit more in the coming week with some different component values in the BSC.

Cheers,

Keith

Thats good to know [emoji4].

Yep been hearing good things about those Audax, should be interesting!

jeez that is a nice speaker. I just bought some Jarrah veneer for my speaker build and I hope I can finish them to that standard.

very Nice.I am a bit of a fan of Audax Drivers having employed them in a 3 way build previously. Superb performance for the money.

Edited by chefsinc

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation.

Donation Payment Options

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:

donate-button.png

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.