new apartment new speakers

I am relatively new to the audio world. Ive had a jamo 5.1. Fronts are rated 120/200 at 6 ohms and an onkyo tx-sr806.

Im looking towards àn upgrade of my front floor stands and my current direction is a pair of richter wizards, whalfdale 10.7s or canton gle 496. Though i did see a run out sale on canton chrono sl 590.2

Primarily my system will be for home theatre but i also listen to soft rock, blues and jazz. I love instrumental with a high degree of upper end clarity and enough bass to complete the sound stage.

Im looking at a spend limit of 2k.

My apartment is concrete wall open plan. 5m x 7m with the tv and speakers sitting in front of the 5m wall.

Is my direction looking right at the moment or do i need to drastically readjust my direction

Cheers guys

Regards warren

Sounds like you will be keeping your existing centre and rears, so you might want to consider how well the proposed speakers will integrate with these. Ideally though, once you are happy with your fronts, you will upgrade the others to suit (rather than vice versa). People seem to generally agree that spending money on upgrading speakers is the best first step. Is auditioning an option? It should be, as most will tell you almost certainly should. Personally, i think you should be happy with a pair of speakers from this price range, though i personally have no experience with speakers you have mentioned. Consider second hand too - there are often bargains to be had.

Guest Peter the Greek

Personally, if it were me. I'd get in touch with Paul at Red Spade and say "I have $2k" what's the best pair plus a sub you can do for me. Intention being to fill it out in the future when you have more cash. http://www.redspade.com.au/audio/

Your room is probably terrible given the concrete strcture, you may want to consider some acoustic treatments as well - Paul can help/advise on that too.

Basically in my mind you need be be set on the right upgrade path so you know where you're headed

3800? Rrp is only 1099 us.

Anyhoo I would listen to the other recommendations as they are more oriented towards sound quality rather than features.

Also look at the source, a lot of improvement can be had by starting at the beginning of the chain.