Osborne Loudspeakers Owners & Discussion Thread

19 hours ago, realysm42 said:

Thanks Jack, I was surprised at how much more handsome they are with the covers off.

What's funny is I got the measuring tape out to help visualise their dimensions prior to delivery and myself and Jessie are still shocked at just how imposing they are ?

I wouldn't have it any other way though.

@realysm42 I did exactly the same with the tape measure for the same speakers. I was shocked as well when they turned up on the pallet. The courier asked me what was in the box. When I told him, he said at least no one will steal them.

Great finish, they look fantastic.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aaaaaaand, we're there:     I'm already smitten tbh.

No regrets.  Greg dropped these over personally as we all headed into lockdown. Happy to recommend to anyone considering an Osborn speaker.    I’m no audiophile - just enjoy when the system b

More progress pictures - the veneer looks like it should be a great visual match for my rack ?          

20 hours ago, El Tel said:

That would be an excellent opportunity if he is happy for that to happen. I'm not saying I won't follow the inevitable upgrade path with the M6Si eventually, I'd just like to extract a bit more value from it first. Despite my comments in implying the M6Si is an over-grown, playful puppy, the fact is that it is a great Goldilocks purchase. It does so many things just right. And you can never have too much power, right?

As far as I know the MF amps do well with Osborn.

• Thanks 1

Greg voiced the Epitome using solid state. Using a Consonance amp is not necessary. 
The MF would be just fine 

• Thanks 1

It's ironic that you mention Bernese mountain dogs.

Two will greet you at the door when you visit Greg's place.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TurnItUp said:

It's ironic that you mention Bernese mountain dogs.

Two will greet you at the door when you visit Greg's place.

I had no idea!

On 24/04/2021 at 2:44 PM, AFCAD said:

Glad to hear that you have the new speakers @realysm42!! They will only get better with more hours.

Really enjoying the Elite cross-over upgrade that I recently had done to my Focal driven Eclipses. Although not cheap, really worth it for me - transformed the speakers to something that I didn't know I needed.

It's impossible for me to state how much of an upgrade the elite stage is, given I've not got a baseline to compare against, so reassuring to hear this from someone that does. Compared to my last speakers there is just more.. information, space, depth all coming from a more coherent and quiet background.

I'm currently listening in mono (left channel) as I impatiently await the repair of my other ? got the spares fitted and it's still not quite behaving itself.

Osborn Loudspeakers Owners & Discussion Thread.

Is it possible to alter the spelling of this particular Owners Discussion Thread to the correct one with no "e" on the end of Osborn? 

• Like 1

You can always bring your amp there to demo with Greg's speakers.  That way it's probably going to be a more similar experience you get them home. 

My one and only advice would be to stick to your budget and don't listen to the ones above it. Greg will tell you the same as well. Ignorance is bliss.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dannygx said:

You can always bring your amp there to demo with Greg's speakers.  That way it's probably going to be a more similar experience you get them home. 

My one and only advice would be to stick to your budget and don't listen to the ones above it. Greg will tell you the same as well. Ignorance is bliss.

I would be limited by space in any case. My listening space is big, but there is no way I could have some 1500mm+ monsters in there. I'm in a quandary as it seems I may not get the authoritative performance I want in the more diminutive(!) cabinets that are in the 1100mm(h) range.

I'm more confused now than when I started. :sad:

1 hour ago, El Tel said:

I would be limited by space in any case. My listening space is big, but there is no way I could have some 1500mm+ monsters in there. I'm in a quandary as it seems I may not get the authoritative performance I want in the more diminutive(!) cabinets that are in the 1100mm(h) range.

I'm more confused now than when I started. :sad:

If it helps, I don't believe the size assumptions often stated in disuccions.  There is some correlation, but it's very approximate.  I would not worry at all about the difference between 1100 and 1500.

4 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

If it helps, I don't believe the size assumptions often stated in disuccions.  There is some correlation, but it's very approximate.  I would not worry at all about the difference between 1100 and 1500.

I have a very specific and identifiable block in regards to going above 1100 - my wife. My current old B&W CM10S2s measure 1070h x 200w x 335d. Whilst I may get a wee bit of latitude, 30-odd percent additional height would not be considered within the realms of latitude.

I had the chat with her just now in the kitchen and when she heard 150cm in height she just said "I'm 1.62m tall, so hell no."

2 hours ago, El Tel said:

I have a very specific and identifiable block in regards to going above 1100 - my wife. My current old B&W CM10S2s measure 1070h x 200w x 335d. Whilst I may get a wee bit of latitude, 30-odd percent additional height would not be considered within the realms of latitude.

I had the chat with her just now in the kitchen and when she heard 150cm in height she just said "I'm 1.62m tall, so hell no."

You went about it wrong. 
It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. 

Also you’d be surprised by the smaller speakers. Many times I’ve been fooled by the Eos into thinking the big boys next them were playing. 

For what it's worth, I'm getting a pair of Eclipse because it's bang on 1100. Wife also said no to the next up Tower option, too tall lol

But Greg's speakers project sound well imo. His demo room is probably 3x8m and even his smallest F1 does very well. So the bookshelf Eos/Titan would be good if you don't have the space I suppose

Edited by Dannygx
2 hours ago, Jack Goff said:

It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. 

If you can still breathe, yes....

1 hour ago, Dannygx said:

For what it's worth, I'm getting a pair of Eclipse because it's bang on 1100. Wife also said no to the next up Tower option, too tall lol

But Greg's speakers project sound well imo. His demo room is probably 3x8m and even his smallest F1 does very well. So the bookshelf Eos/Titan would be good if you don't have the space I suppose

Thanks for the info. My main listening area is in the family room which is about 6m x 16m, but the TV/AV/music area itself is perpendicular to the room across its width in the last third, as opposed to at the end wall facing down the entire length back to the kitchen. The CM10S2s are about perfect for size and presence in this space and orientation. Like most B&Ws, they have an appetite for a bit of juice to give their best.

The M6Si is rated at 220wpc and assuming linear power increment with the volume dial, I probably run somewhere between a quarter and a third of that power to get the best from them. They will happily go further and munch well over half the power on offer (and sound great), but the deaf pensioners in the house down the road complain.

Edited by El Tel
Idiocy. Again.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Some notes, using one mono amp, at pedestrian listening levels:

I aim to pick  place to live where where the Epitomes can really breathe properly in future. I heard their big brothers at Greg's place, it was amazing to understand the kind of SPLs they can produce (FAR more than I'll ever realistically need) whilst remaining completely distortion free. 'Alarming' volume levels is an apt description 🤣 They're completely unflappable.

I didn't get round to how these speakers actually sound in my initial write up, let me fix that; I suppose I still can't provide a truly accurate description, given I'm not listening to true stereo and out of one mono amp, plus they're not near to being burnt in.

Massive caveat(s) out of the way I will provide my initial impressions:

'Coherent' is the first word that comes to mind; they produce a significant amount more information than I'm used to, lots of new nuance is displayed and you don't have to listen hard to notice - it's quite clear. Having said that, the sound is not etched or bright, they sound neutral and effortless from top to bottom. If you've ever lowered the noise floor on a digital source (e.g. better clocks) it's akin to this change, calmer, more self-assured sound with just 'more of everything' - a win-win.

What's been fascinating for me is graduating to a three way design and the bass implementation here is no afterthought. I'm getting a bottom end I've never had before (barring the odd scary room-mode lol!). The bass is articulate, properly proportioned (or, not overblown and bloated) and it provides a great foundation that the rest of the sound just works up from. This is apparent at even very low volume levels, you don't need to crank them to hear the subs' contribution. Well recorded music has an exciting propulsion to percussion; I'm loving this!

Of course, this frees up the marvellous Scanspeak mid to work unimpeded. The trio behind 'Dead and born and grown' are separated better than ever, real space between them and their individual voices have clearer deliniation, yet sound sweeter and more tuneful - marvellous stuff.

I won't comment on soundstaging yet as I'm unable to really; once my other amp is returned I'll go into this more. Although, when I had the Cyber 880I in that first night, the soundstage was a lot wider than the speakers (sometimes by a couple of meters) when a recording contained this information - this was new and exciting for me to experience.

I must admit, I was a tad uncomfortable about losing the Galan's lovely ribbon tweeter, that thing is quite remarkable but I needn't have worried, the SEAS top of the range silk dome is extended, crisp, detailed and non-fatiguing. Yes there is beryllium and diamond above this but Greg said he picked this model for a reason - I like what I'm hearing.

I do wonder where all this extra information, coherence and confidence is coming from; is it the superb driver complement, lead-lined cabinets (which btw pass the knuckle wrap test perfectly, as you'd expect), massively upgraded crossover or uncompromising 'sound first' (plus WTF is WAF?!) build values?

Likely a happy combination of all of the above.

I've also recommissioned my Franc isolation platforms, which decouple the speakers from the floor via a combination of aluminium base, plastic and foam in the platform itself and 12x ceramic balls to 'float' each footer. The floor doesn't sing along with them which is significant.

So what now? More Isotek burn-in track whenever I'm walking the dog and crawling up the walls waiting for the prodigal amp to return!

As I'm on a roll with my ramble I'll add one final thought - I believe in balancing the potential of every component in a system. There isn't a science to this of course, but I think with the calibre of components in the chain, I had unlocked ~60/80% of their potential and I was waiting for a great pair of speakers to really let them show what they're capable. This acquisition has unlocked this latent potential; I'll finally be able to discover what the other parts are actually capable of and I'm excited to find out!

Then, a few days later....

Alright! The speakers have been run from one mono amp, overnight using my Isotek full range burn in disc and then classical music during the day (so as to maintain sanity within the household) for a good few days now. This has been on the minimum volume setting as standard.

I calculated it would take ~10 days of nonstop play to fully burn them in this way, so I'm likely just under half way. All very approximate of course.

I've just imbued as few measures of tasty whisky and turned them up (just a tad) and have been running through a few tracks. First of all I wanted to know if they would sugar coat / polish the sound of poor recordings. The answer is a resolute no!

This is a good; they take no prisoners and more importantly I know there is no omission in this area. I want them to be able to tell the whole truth and I see this as an important part of that.

So what about better recordings? They're definitely starting to sing; they're more articulate and have a greater sense of ease about them, I can see further into music. They do everything better than any other speaker in my system by a considerable margin and frankly, they should, given their size and cost increase.

Have you ever felt when things click into place, the music makes more sense? This is what's happening here and one of the things I just love about this hobby, unlocking the latent potential in your music collection.

What I've not let myself do yet is really let go of my analytical mindset; this is no fault of the speakers, knowing one amp is missing means things just aren't right for me (I've been surprised at just how jarring I've found this - being a perfectionist is not a good thing!) and will not be until the amp is back in the system, then I will be able to relax and genuinely enjoy myself.

Until then, the great burn in continues. By the time everything is back in its proper place I should be ~70% burnt in and will report back then. I'll also turn these mothers up and see what they're really capable of!

Edited by realysm42
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Ps. I've gotten over just how large and imposing they seemed at first and tbh I was shocked at myself for even considering this... the macho audiophile in me never thought I'd worry about the size of a loudspeaker 🤣

The finish on them is exemplary and I love how they look.

Some people moan about / hate speaker burn in but I love it; seeing the component blossom into what it was always meant to be - what a pleasure!

Edited by realysm42
Spellang.

What is the best way to connect up the Epitomes with the bass bins?

I am looking at purchasing some speaker cables, I currently use cheap solid copper wire from Bunnings, I run a single wire to each post from the amp.

Posted (edited)
On 06/05/2021 at 11:42 PM, reggie said:

What is the best way to connect up the Epitomes with the bass bins?

I am looking at purchasing some speaker cables, I currently use cheap solid copper wire from Bunnings, I run a single wire to each post from the amp.

I suppose it depends on where you sit on 'do cables make a difference?' spectrum. Given you've asked you must have at least some curiosity / belief / experience in this regard. If you're nearer the objective shade, the minimum you'll want to use is a cable of sufficient guage to ensure current isn't limited.

Personally, I'd use the best quality cabling I felt comfortable paying for; Greg said his speakers are sensitive to all upstream ancillaries, including cables.

I use a full Coherent 6D loom (this is high purity copper throughout) and am very happy with the sound. I only have the towers connected, nothing extra.

Edited by realysm42

Hi everyone,

How would the Osborn Epitome tower compare to, say, Revel F208 and F228Be, Kef R11, or Focal Kanta?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
On 13/05/2021 at 2:10 PM, astroboydivx1 said:

Hi everyone,

How would the Osborn Epitome tower compare to, say, Revel F208 and F228Be, Kef R11, or Focal Kanta?

Thanks!

Hi,

I've not heard any of the above and I had a look at their specifications (I know specs can only be taken as a rough guide and are not indicative of sound quality).

First I'm going to assume you mean the 'reference elite' model as it's in line (price wise) with a majority of the speakers you've enquired about. Second, I'll speak generally, so Osborn Vs all the others, to save time and reduce complexity. Finally, I accept that Focal and Revel are prestigious brands with fine respective heritage and pedigree; I'm sure their popularity is no accident (I've heard the top of the line Focals and the step below and they are superb), so please don't take this as a 'reason not to buy Focal and Revel' post, more a 'reasons to seriously consider Osborn' post - this is in the Osborn owners thread after all 😊

Caveats out of the way:

1. with the Osborns, you get larger bass drivers than the competition and (pretty significantly) lower frequency response, so if you're serious about plentiful, good quality, low reaching, low distortion bass, +1 Osborns here. They're also top notch quality, serious drivers (this goes for treble, mids and bass, btw).

2. None of the others are more sensitive than the Osborns (at best a draw with one model). Worth considering, depending on the amplification you use / intend to use. 

3. All the others are considerably lighter and smaller than the Osborns; I can't say if this is a benefit as a general rule, these are personal factors. The Osborns are lead lined inside and acoustically inert as a result, this means you hear less of the cabinet and more of what the drivers are communicating, which when you're paying this kind of money I presume is important to you.

4. This is complete speculation, so please take with a pinch of audiophile dust, but I wager the competition  here has nothing close to the Osborns in terms of crossover quality; it's the upgrade that bumps the price of the reference elites up into this price class. I've got a pair of superb monitors for sale right now that aren't as quiet and insightful as these large speakers and it's not subtle! Quite remarkable.

6. Another intangible here, Osborn is essentially a one man operation (apart from the professional speaker cabinet maker he uses), based in Australia, who is passionate about his craft and very helpful with the support he provides. I don't know where you stand on this point, but (even speaking as a pom) I'd much prefer to support local business.

Tbh, it's easy for me to say this as the product is s superb, I've no buyers remorse or niggling 'what if' questions since my purchase. In fact I'm feeling pretty damn smug. The value proposition of this speaker is simply off the charts in comparison to anything near this price range.

Did I mention he'll provide you a 30 day demo period, with a no quibble return policy?

Hopefully I don't come across as a shill here; I paid full price for my speakers, I'm just a satisfied customer that is enthusiastic about my purchase.

Edited by realysm42
  • Like 1
On 16/05/2021 at 9:11 AM, realysm42 said:

Hi,

I've not heard any of the above and I had a look at their specifications (I know specs can only be taken as a rough guide and are not indicative of sound quality).

First I'm going to assume you mean the 'reference elite' model as it's in line (price wise) with a majority of the speakers you've enquired about. Second, I'll speak generally, so Osborn Vs all the others, to save time and reduce complexity. Finally, I accept that Focal and Revel are prestigious brands with fine respective heritage and pedigree; I'm sure their popularity is no accident (I've heard the top of the line Focals and the step below and they are superb), so please don't take this as a 'reason not to buy Focal and Revel' post, more a 'reasons to seriously consider Osborn' post - this is in the Osborn owners thread after all 😊

Caveats out of the way:

1. with the Osborns, you get larger bass drivers than the competition and (pretty significantly) lower frequency response, so if you're serious about plentiful, good quality, low reaching, low distortion bass, +1 Osborns here. They're also top notch quality, serious drivers (this goes for treble, mids and bass, btw).

2. None of the others are more sensitive than the Osborns (at best a draw with one model). Worth considering, depending on the amplification you use / intend to use. 

3. All the others are considerably lighter and smaller than the Osborns; I can't say if this is a benefit as a general rule, these are personal factors. The Osborns are lead lined inside and acoustically inert as a result, this means you hear less of the cabinet and more of what the drivers are communicating, which when you're paying this kind of money I presume is important to you.

4. This is complete speculation, so please take with a pinch of audiophile dust, but I wager the competition  here has nothing close to the Osborns in terms of crossover quality; it's the upgrade that bumps the price of the reference elites up into this price class. I've got a pair of superb monitors for sale right now that aren't as quiet and insightful as these large speakers and it's not subtle! Quite remarkable.

6. Another intangible here, Osborn is essentially a one man operation (apart from the professional speaker cabinet maker he uses), based in Australia, who is passionate about his craft and very helpful with the support he provides. I don't know where you stand on this point, but (even speaking as a pom) I'd much prefer to support local business.

Tbh, it's easy for me to say this as the product is s superb, I've no buyers remorse or niggling 'what if' questions since my purchase. In fact I'm feeling pretty damn smug. The value proposition of this speaker is simply off the charts in comparison to anything near this price range.

Did I mention he'll provide you a 30 day demo period, with a no quibble return policy?

Hopefully I don't come across as a shill here; I paid full price for my speakers, I'm just a satisfied customer that is enthusiastic about my purchase.

Thanks for your very considerate response, it's very good food for thought.

I certainly appreciate that the SEAS Excel and Scanspeak Illuminator drivers are very high quality, the cabinet is heavy and intert and the crossovers are very heavy.  I also appreciate that direct-to-public models can create a significant value proposition as there's no dealer network, advertising and so forth. And I also like no international shipping charges and supporting Aussies.

But I have concerns around the lack of measurements which provide objective evidence around the quality of design. In fact, what worries me more is that when I spoke to Greg he dismissed measurements saying the best measuring speakers sound the worst. Hmm ok.

Spinorama charts are widely recognised as the best way to scientifically analyse the outputs of a speaker - ie how it responds to on-axis and off-axis horizontal and vertical listening, and how the speakers handle room reflections.

I asked the guys at Audio Science Review their thoughts on Osborn and whilst none had heard them (being mostly Americans) their thoughts are here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/osborn-loudspeakers.23377/

So for the price of an Epitome Tower Reference, or a Eclipse Tower Reference Elite, I can get a Revel F226Be or F228Be which, whilst may not be as heavy as the Osborns, and have all that nasty dealer markups and shipping etc, were built upon Harmon's millions invested in sound research and engineering.

I appreciate Greg kindly offers a 30 day trial but I'm not comfortable with the potential guilt and effort in returning them.

Anyway, it's all very fascinating and I'll have to think about things more. I suspect I'll have to visit Melbourne and visit Greg in person.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, astroboydivx1 said:

Thanks for your very considerate response, it's very good food for thought.

I certainly appreciate that the SEAS Excel and Scanspeak Illuminator drivers are very high quality, the cabinet is heavy and intert and the crossovers are very heavy.  I also appreciate that direct-to-public models can create a significant value proposition as there's no dealer network, advertising and so forth. And I also like no international shipping charges and supporting Aussies.

But I have concerns around the lack of measurements which provide objective evidence around the quality of design. In fact, what worries me more is that when I spoke to Greg he dismissed measurements saying the best measuring speakers sound the worst. Hmm ok.

Spinorama charts are widely recognised as the best way to scientifically analyse the outputs of a speaker - ie how it responds to on-axis and off-axis horizontal and vertical listening, and how the speakers handle room reflections.

I asked the guys at Audio Science Review their thoughts on Osborn and whilst none had heard them (being mostly Americans) their thoughts are here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/osborn-loudspeakers.23377/

So for the price of an Epitome Tower Reference, or a Eclipse Tower Reference Elite, I can get a Revel F226Be or F228Be which, whilst may not be as heavy as the Osborns, and have all that nasty dealer markups and shipping etc, were built upon Harmon's millions invested in sound research and engineering.

I appreciate Greg kindly offers a 30 day trial but I'm not comfortable with the potential guilt and effort in returning them.

Anyway, it's all very fascinating and I'll have to think about things more. I suspect I'll have to visit Melbourne and visit Greg in person.

your last sentence makes the most sense.

• Like 3
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, astroboydivx1 said:

Some of the best measuring gear I've experienced have disappointed me the most.  Measurements tell a part of the story - and when you're talking about how good something sounds, I find it tells the smallest part.

In fact, I've bought a lot of gear without even looking at performance measurements, simply because it sounds good to me.

Edited by Kaynin
  • Like 2

No regrets. 
Greg dropped these over personally as we all headed into lockdown. Happy to recommend to anyone considering an Osborn speaker. 

I’m no audiophile - just enjoy when the system brings a smile; the after party streamed Roon/Tidal via devialet into the Titans does just that. 

happy listening

BCF61D8E-F214-4693-B16F-84AD43C09CE3.jpeg

9CDAFDF6-D131-4AAE-8095-68A796B2D568.jpeg

• Like 7

I had a friend over recently, who, after to listening to my Eclipse ref. elite,  is now upgrading his home speakers to something better.  They just sound that good that just hearing them in the background at my place, he knew he was missing out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone in here have first hand experience with the Interludes?

My current 5.1 setup is all KEF bookshelf. With the Interludes I should get a massive upgrade in front sound stage for movies and of course improved 2 channel listening. 

38 minutes ago, Wood said:

Anyone in here have first hand experience with the Interludes?

My current 5.1 setup is all KEF bookshelf. With the Interludes I should get a massive upgrade in front sound stage for movies and of course improved 2 channel listening. 

Yes Interludes are excellent cinema speakers as you run a subbie.  Music is excellent too, but the difference between the Interludes and Eclipse is MASSIVE due to the woofer. 

If playing music is important and going to occur often, go the Eclipse.  If movie/tv shows, Interludes are great.

@astroboydivx1 fair enough, I wish you'd laid out your misgivings before I'd typed all that, unless you didn't have that conversation until afterwards, in which case I apologise.

Measurements do count (for something) but it depends on the measurement in question. Personally I'd be very careful about advice from people that think measurements are the whole truth and that nothing else counts. To each their own in this regard.

I agree with one of the comments above, I've never based a purchase decision on a positive / negative measurement, if I like how something sounds, that's good enough for me!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Carbonmason said:

No regrets. 
Greg dropped these over personally as we all headed into lockdown. Happy to recommend to anyone considering an Osborn speaker. 

I’m no audiophile - just enjoy when the system brings a smile; the after party streamed Roon/Tidal via devialet into the Titans does just that. 

happy listening

BCF61D8E-F214-4693-B16F-84AD43C09CE3.jpeg

Clean looking set up there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Kaynin said:

Yes Interludes are excellent cinema speakers as you run a subbie.  Music is excellent too, but the difference between the Interludes and Eclipse is MASSIVE due to the woofer. 

If playing music is important and going to occur often, go the Eclipse.  If movie/tv shows, Interludes are great.

I’ll be getting one of Greg’s centres and have been told in no uncertain terms I can have any finish as long as it’s black which is an optional extra, so Eclipse is beyond the budget. 

Majority of the time we watch movies but do love to play some music on weekends. 
Currently my 2 channel is KEF R100 and Rel T3. Greg assured me I’ll get better performance from the Interludes. 

30 minutes ago, Wood said:

I’ll be getting one of Greg’s centres and have been told in no uncertain terms I can have any finish as long as it’s black which is an optional extra, so Eclipse is beyond the budget. 

Majority of the time we watch movies but do love to play some music on weekends. 
Currently my 2 channel is KEF R100 and Rel T3. Greg assured me I’ll get better performance from the Interludes. 

Yeah fair enough.  My main point is that the woofer makes a massive difference between the two and worth the investment if it can be achieved.  I was going to buy Interludes, then heard the Eclipse and went them for this very reason.  We can only go with the constraints we're given!  His centres are excellent as well, I recently upgraded from his C2-3 to the C5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 17/05/2021 at 2:59 PM, Carbonmason said:

No regrets. 

happy listening

Fantastic looking setup. If you don't mind me asking, which is that veneer on the Titans? Are the stands also from Greg, or elsewhere? They seem to match the speakers well 

On a side note, how big is that listening space?

Edited by anandpkumar

Thanks

tassie oak on titans 

i made the stands as couldn’t buy anything to suit size of Titan and not black ( used porcelain tile and tassie oak )

cheers

• 1 month later...

Just joined the club after laying down some hard earned on some new Titans.

Now I wait.😊

• Like 3
1 hour ago, McCvinyl said:

Just joined the club after laying down some hard earned on some new Titans.

Now I wait.😊

Congratulations, I have had mine almost 8 months now and they are still surprising me. What finish did you go for?

Ended up paying a bit extra and getting the Sassafras.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 7:38 PM, graham121 said:

Congratulations, I have had mine almost 8 months now and they are still surprising me. What finish did you go for?

In the planning stage of putting together some stands for the Titans.

Have you or anyone else experimented with different styles be it heavy, light, wood, metal, open, spiked or damped.

Just looking for a direction to focus the design on.

5 hours ago, McCvinyl said:

In the planning stage of putting together some stands for the Titans.

Have you or anyone else experimented with different styles be it heavy, light, wood, metal, open, spiked or damped.

Just looking for a direction to focus the design on.

I have not experimented at all, have stayed with the stands I used for the previous speakers, these ones that I purchased if I remember correctly from Tivoli Hi-Fi close to 20 years ago. Spiked and sand filled.

D0D93C42-B7D3-497A-B8AE-2D07FDAB2F1A.thumb.jpeg.66c148ed69595bc0d773fc4e6518fccc.jpeg

Edited by graham121
  • Like 1