FS: Plasma Tweeters Magnat MP-02 one of the finest tweeters ever produced very rare.

Item:   Magnat Plasma Tweeters MP-02

Price:  $1800 + postage.

Item Condition:  Very good

Reason for selling:  Not being used  with my current setup.

Payment Method:  Cash if pickup, Direct deposit if post in Australia, Paypal if overseas. 

Extra Info:  I believe these are one of the best tweeters ever produced and still are, they are in very good condition, and have the original electrodes which still have plenty of life. 

They come with 10 spare Tungsten electrodes that need to be cut to 55mm and both ends rounded off by a suitable engineering firm, not that you will need them for a long time yet.

These do not need a horn to make them efficient, as others do, so their sound totally uncoloured and is emitted 360 degrees, which gives you a transparency to the sound that just has to be heard to be believed.

I have all paperwork and circuit diagrams for them on file, these will be supplied with the speakers.

I'd like to see them stay in Australia but will also be advertised on international ebay soon as well

Cheers George

Specs are:

-24db internal crossover at 4.5khz -> 150khz!!!!!

Input impedance is 1kohm

Sound pressure is adjustable up to 95db @ 1mt

Mains voltage adjustable from  260v 240v 220v 150v 130v 110v

Dimensions:  Chassis: 32cm wide  27cm deep  9cm high   Protective stainless steel mesh ball  10cm high  12cm wide.

Weight: Nearly 10kg each 

Pictures:    

post-106386-0-45100200-1408413217_thumb.

post-106386-0-83914300-1408413238_thumb.

post-106386-0-83902400-1408413271_thumb.

post-106386-0-48412600-1408413294_thumb.

Edited by georgehifi

I should have looked here first "aertex" before replying to your PM to me.

Yes I can give you just a few hours to do some quick homework-so, essentially can you have first option to buy them please.

You have first option to buy, It's 2pm here in Sydney, I'll give you till 5pm to do your homework, then it's next in line.

BTW: they weigh in at nearly 10kg each.

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi

thank you George. My homework and due diligence will include seeking some further information about them which I have asked in a pm to you. If you could please give me some answers here it will assist greatly. Thanks, Alan

not quite sure if you meant for me to post questions here so you can answer them here (confidentiality considerations etc), so I have continued to pm. Hope thats ok with you

Edited by aertex

god I love tweeters...

some guys love woofers, but I love the high notes. really finishes off a sound perfectly when you can hear the exact crash of a symbol.

if I had more coins kicking around id snap these up to go with my ribbons.

good luck with the sale

not quite sure if you meant for me to post questions here so you can answer them here (confidentiality considerations etc), so I have continued to pm. Hope thats ok with you

Sorry, what I meant was questions about these that will be asked by others as well, personal things like postage, bank details etc. yes these should be PM'ed

Cheers George

George, thank you very much for providing answers to my questions. I have done some rapid research myself as well as considering very carefully what I am trying to achieve in regard to these tweeters. In light of my findings and my objectives, as well as the in-opportunity to audition these special pieces in a few hours window (me in WA, you in NSW), I would like to pass them up and let other SNAers consider them. I am very sure they wont last long and I may well regret this move!

Thank you so much George

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By wolfz
      Item Condition: used as new Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: QLD Payment Method: PayPal Reason for selling: Further information:

Withdrawn. Not for sale anymore.             https://us.astellnkern.com/products/a-norma-sr25

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By wolfz
      Item Condition: as new Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: redland bay State: QLD Payment Method: PayPal Reason for selling: awkward design Further information:
       Chord Hugo 2 dac/amp ,bought in May this year from Australian dealer. Mint, as new condition.
      Only used in desktop mode. Excellent sound. Comes with all original items such as cables box and remote.
      Proof of purchase..

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By tchye nguyen
      Item Condition: Little used, Excelence condition. Come with original box. Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Cash on pick up, bank transfer. Post at buyer cost pack and send. Reason for selling: Too many Speakers. Further information: Legend Theil CS 2.7 coherene source is a very good speakers with very open and natural sound. Very well bass control.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By mrwilly
      Items: Bowers & Wilkins MT-60D system (5 X M1 mk2 with two stands PV1D) - White
      Price: $2,600
      Item Condition: Used but in really good condition
      Reason for selling: Going wireless
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash or Paypal
      Extra Info:
      For sale is the Bowers and Wilkins sound system which includes:   5 X B&W M1 (mk2) : http://www.bowers-wilkins.net/Speakers/Theatre_Solutions/Mini_Theatre/M-1.html   2 X stands for M1 (MK2)   1 X B&W PV1D (subwoofer) : http://www.bowers-wilkins.net/Speakers/Home_Audio/Subwoofers/PV-Series/PV1D.html   All items are in white colour.   Purchased in late 2015 from Sydney hifi castlehill. All items are in almost-brand-new condition.  
      Pictures:

• By Roger S
      Item Condition: AS NEW CONDITION Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: SYDNEY State: New South Wales Payment Method: Bank Transfer, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgrading Further information: I am selling my 2.5 yr old Nagra HD DAC with MPS and VFS. This is a seriously awesome DAC. Crystal clear, and so musical. Only selling to upgrade to higher model Nagra DAC . Comes with all associated equipment, and original boxes. Also usable as beautiful sounding headphone amp ...

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

To Top