Stillpoints Aperture acoustic panels now in

These are finally here and available to order. Hoping for some more info/specs soon from Stillpoints, but they have definitely improved the sound in my room. Feel free to pop by, I've purposely got them loosely installed so I can quickly demo. 

http://www.krispyaudio.com.au/products/Stillpoints-Aperture-wide%252dband-acoustic-panels.html

stillpointsaperture.jpg

stillpointaperture.jpg

• Like 3

$770 per panel, which is 560mm square and 75mm deep. The rear is solid timber like the sides as well.

Stillpoints are yet to release specs (but are going to once patents approved), but are purported to be a wideband panel. You can also have a photograph printed to a panel that sits in the frame in front of the panel, making for a very high WAF product (imo)! 

I heard that Michael Fremer is due to review them shortly, as well as another mag (Stereophile I think), so will watch with interest. 

In a room my size (4x6m) they say 4 is sufficient. 2 on the front wall between the speakers, and 1 on each side wall. For a 6x8m you could start with the same config, then ideally you'd work to 7 (3 on the front wall and two on each side wall). 

Yeah I like that these look less studio-ish than a lot of other things out there, and I'll be getting some pictures printed on the cloth inserts to see how discreet these things really can be. 

I heard that Michael Fremer is due to review them shortly, as well as another mag (Stereophile I think), so will watch with interest. 

doesn't he write FOR stereophile!? :P