DIY DIGITAL DACS

This probably should be in the DIY section, but it might appeal more to the digital guys. 

A little story from my blog about some of the excellent diy dacs available . 

I have no commercial interest or building plans , just like to keep up to date with what's now happening in digital land.

Or in the case of simultaneous data mode TDA1541 dac, combining the best of the past with the best of the now. 

http://supratekaudio.blogspot.com.au/

• Like 5

Thanks I will try to get my head around it.

I've just been looking for a DIY DAC, but just about given up as I struggle to understand all the components. The DIY DAC community seems to be making something that could be quite simple overly complicated......to me any way.

I'd like a straight low powered USB to RCA that I could build in conjunction with a 12 volt headphone amp. Seems to be easier just to buy a ready built one.

... or is your DAC board the AYA..?

Its the pre Aya board- Pedja's 2004 board that so many 1541 dacs were copied from. Its not as sophisticated as the 2014 AYA , which I'm booked in for- I expect it to be even better than what I have presently.

Thanks I will try to get my head around it.

I've just been looking for a DIY DAC, but just about given up as I struggle to understand all the components. The DIY DAC community seems to be making something that could be quite simple overly complicated......to me any way.

I'd like a straight low powered USB to RCA that I could build in conjunction with a 12 volt headphone amp. Seems to be easier just to buy a ready built one.

I kind of agree with you about the complexity, it does seem a bit over the top, but comparing it to a straight Amanero/1541 dac, there is a vast difference in sound quality. 

The little jlsounds AK4396 dac is pretty simple for goood sound.

The little jlsounds AK4396 dac is pretty simple for goood sound.

Thanks, I did briefly see that site during my short quest. Need to do more investigating.........I'll be back with some dumb questions. ;)