True Detective

I was never a fan of McConaughey, in fact couldn't stand him, but Dallas and this series - just brilliant, top marks!  Woody is excellent too.

This is one of the best TV series I have seen in years, very well written, and very well acted.  Old school detective type leg work - that is, not CSI "the offenders fingerprint/DNA was found at the scene - case solved" scenario!

I believe season 2 will be different actors and different plot (i.e. not a murder)...some other big names have been touted for lead roles...watching with interest.

• Like 2

Mrs Boss and I actually started watching this yesterday and although we only saw 1 episode, I am keen to explore further.

The missus was less impressed but if I keep hearing positive comments from the rest of you guys, I might convince her to persevere with the rest of the series.

Well acted but episode 1 was a little slow and seemed to not develop far enough to hook you in instantly.

Mrs Boss and I actually started watching this yesterday and although we only saw 1 episode, I am keen to explore further.

The missus was less impressed but if I keep hearing positive comments from the rest of you guys, I might convince her to persevere with the rest of the series.

Well acted but episode 1 was a little slow and seemed to not develop far enough to hook you in instantly.

I'll usually give something around 3 episodes to decide.  This, in my opinion, is well worth it.  It is certainly more drawn out than CSI, for example, which is solved inside an hour - and that's one thing I love about it.  Hopefully Mrs. Boss gives it a fair run, then decides if she likes it!

• Like 1

I'll usually give something around 3 episodes to decide.  This, in my opinion, is well worth it.  It is certainly more drawn out than CSI, for example, which is solved inside an hour - and that's one thing I love about it.  Hopefully Mrs. Boss gives it a fair run, then decides if she likes it!

Agreed!

It normally takes a few episodes for something to sink in deeply enough and as there have been nothing but positive reviews about this series I think she / we would be foolish to merely glance at the cover and say that book was s h i t !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...