Faith No More!!

Any FNM fans here. I was a huge fan of theirs, had all of their albums, saw them a few times during the '90s too.

First new music in 15years. They hinted at or threatened this earlier in the year over social media.

http://m.spin.com/articles/faith-no-more-new-songs-leader-of-men-london/?utm_source=em&utm_medium=dailynl&utm_campaign=070614&utm_content=article1

• Like 2

Big fan here, spent a bit of time this weekend listening to Copraphiliacs Anonymous. It would be great to have more of them, they're great musicians.

Edited by astr0b0y

Any FNM fans here. I was a huge fan of theirs, had all of their albums, saw them a few times during the '90s too.

First new music in 15years. They hinted at or threatened this earlier in the year over social media.

http://m.spin.com/articles/faith-no-more-new-songs-leader-of-men-london/?utm_source=em&utm_medium=dailynl&utm_campaign=070614&utm_content=article1

yeah, I even remember their pre Mike Patton album, getting airplay on Triple J.  We Care a Lot

Edited by Demondes

yeah, I even remember their pre Mike Patton album, getting airplay on Triple J. We Care a Lot

That would be pre Mike Patton albums plural, We Care A Lot and Introduce Yourself.

I really like the first one, As The Worm Turns and Pills For Breakfast especially. A real darkness to this album they probably didn't repeat until Angel Dust

• Like 1

This is great news. I'll be interested to see what they come up with.

FNM were the first "Big International Act" band that I went to see on their King for a Day tour. Gee I was a bit younger then :lol:

The Real Thing still gets played a bunch at my place but most of the other albums are strictly on the HP as herself isn't a fan of the heavier stuff.

Dunno about no Darkness on The Real thing tho' Black Angus. Zombie Eaters, Underwater Love and Edge of the World have pretty dark topics/concepts IMHO :thumb:

That would be pre Mike Patton albums plural, We Care A Lot and Introduce Yourself.

I really like the first one, As The Worm Turns and Pills For Breakfast especially. A real darkness to this album they probably didn't repeat until Angel Dust

Yes, you are correct.  The Single we care a lot was on both

I got to the last FNM concert in Melbourne which was pretty good. Saw Fantomas a year earlier when they played a The Directors Cut from start to finish with Mike wearing full cricket whites, batting gloves and all.

I've been a moderate fan since high school.  Right into The Real Thing and Angel Dust, but not much of their other albums.  Mike Patton is one of the smoothest dudes in rock though...will watch their new album with interest.

• Like 1

Big FNM and Patton fan.  Only managed to see them once though, after their reunion at Soundwave.  Had to chuckle at Puffy's grey dreads.  Have seen Fantomas a few times though.  

This is good news.

I only have the latest Tomahawk CD, outside of the FNM ones, might have to search out some Fantomas.

You should search out Anonymous by Tomahawk, Suspended Animation by Fantomas and check out the Peeping Tom album. And of course the first Mr Bungle album!
  • Like 2

Yeah, I'm stoked they are possibly putting out new material. Saw them at Festival Hall in Melb, up there with the best live shows I've seen. Mike Patton did a forward flip into the crowd and crowd surfed while belting out Just A Man.. even with a corded mic. Someone tried to steal his shoe and he kicked them in the face. Classic. There's footage of it on youtube.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a moderate fan since high school.  Right into The Real Thing and Angel Dust, but not much of their other albums.  Mike Patton is one of the smoothest dudes in rock though...will watch their new album with interest.

Another fan here, and I like all their MP albums, even the much maligned by both reviewers and the band alike Album of the Year with Mike's more smooth crooning vocals on a couple of great tracks like Stripsearch and Helpless.

Yeah was a CD I had just bought and used to christen my first place of my own and my intro to the neighbours lol and likewise it got played a lot!

Sounds the same as me mate. After years of living with friends and exs (and a friend who did my ex before she was my ex) I decided enough was enough and moved into a place on my own in '97, bought my first real home hifi setup and music was king there. That album was a very early buy after moving in and, as mentioned before, really copped a flogging.

• Like 1

Bloody hell, yep same here, was '97 when I got my very own pad and still remember "COLLISION" blasting out of the speakers as the very first track I played.. the setup cranked much higher than expected  :)

Edited by likwidsh0k

• 4 months later...

Pretty much everyone compares these guys to FNM, critics and SNAers alike :D

They’re heavy without being dumbed down, catchy without being cheesy, and they blend seemingly disparate styles in a seamless way that doesn’t feel like “Hey, look what I can do!†Silent Machine is expertly produced; it sounds fantastic. Layer upon layer of audio production goodness continues to reveal itself with each subsequent listen; underlying arpeggiated acoustic guitars, dense vocal harmonies that are fun to hum along to, subtle keyboard textures and sound effects, etc. And, as noted before here and elsewhere, vocalist Kin is the icing on the cake, his versatile croon invoking voicesmiths as talented as Mike Patton.

Thanks to its genre-bending approach, Silent Machine surpasses most great records released this year. It's an album that signals that Twelve Foot Ninja are rapidly becoming a force to be reckoned with in the realm of eclectic music. Along with now disbanded Dog Fashion Disco, they may be the worthiest successors to Faith No More's legacy and that's a tremendous compliment in itself.

Twelve foot ninja was pretty cool man thanks for tip kinda cross between faith no more and me bungle, singer is very mike Patton

So thought might chuck this in here too..

Bloody awesome!

Twelve Foot Ninja - New Dawn

post-105052-0-70821700-1418432423_thumb.

This track the most..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waQYZdChEXU

Edited by likwidsh0k
  • Like 1