WTB Vintage JBL Speakers/Monitors

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Clean and detailed top end and very extended treble, they don't image very well though.

Mid bass is terrific, the woofer doesn't go too low but it has plenty of punch but kinda lacks the full balanced sound of say the 4313b's.

Overall they are a little heavy on the treble and would take a well matched system to balance the sound.

• 1 month later...

I am building up a pair JBL 4430 monitors. Bougt them without woofers, but everything else is there. Looking for a pair of 2235H woofers. Anyone?

Sorry kelossus for hijacking your thread, but did post a WTB earlier with no answers.

Probably will sell them, but I want to listen first, as I am a keen speaker hobbyist. These will not suit my listening room (3m x 4m)

These were picked up from hard rubbish????believe it or not. Cabinets 8/10 cosmetics. Crossovers and horns work perfectly. Ex Channel 10 monitors.

Just missing the woofers....

• Like 1

Probably will sell them, but I want to listen first, as I am a keen speaker hobbyist. These will not suit my listening room (3m x 4m)

These were picked up from hard rubbish????believe it or not. Cabinets 8/10 cosmetics. Crossovers and horns work perfectly. Ex Channel 10 monitors.

Just missing the woofers....

Holy crap, this needs it's own thread!

If you do sell let me know, I would love to have them. My room is about the same size as yours but I will pretend they suit.