18 Signs You Are Addicted To Collecting Vinyl

Not :)

Go and make you own addicted to CD thread and see how popular it is :nana

I think you can be addicted to both as the real addiction is music (or is it just collecting stuff :) ).

Edited by KenTripp
  • Like 1

21 - The secondhand vinyl store keeper, who addresses you by first name, inquires if you have a home and family.

22 - You think nothing of paying $95 for a re-issue, re-mastered, 180gm pressing of an LP which sold for 5\- (5 shillings) in its day.

• Like 1

I think you can be addicted to both as the real addiction is music (or is it just collecting stuff :) ).

for me to play.     Unfortunately there are a lot of semi professional collectors who never even open the media waiting to sell down the line.

for me to play.     Unfortunately there are a lot of semi professional collectors who never even open the media waiting to sell down the line.

No argument from me. No point buying them if they don't get played. Investors, well what can you say.

#23. Nah, I'll stick with the original and earlier pressings.

Edited by KenTripp

#27 - Your RCM has a permanent place on your:

[ ] Equipment rack

[ ] Desk

[ ] Sideboard

[ ] Buffet

[ ] Bookcase

[ ] Kitchen bench

[ ] Other (please specify)

Other

Moved it off the kitchen bench yesterday. Now in the bedroom where I can wake up in the morning and look longingly at its well designed curves and knowing how much pleasure it brings me.

• Like 3

for me to play.     Unfortunately there are a lot of semi professional collectors who never even open the media waiting to sell down the l

I believe most are just collectors and LP's are good collecting option(for now).If a new technology of an anolog disc(The same size as an LP)and a new cartridge,of some kind,that both have the look and feel of current LP's and carts,offer a better experience,say the sound the most current audiophiles are after(which is a super clean analog sound)i believe things will change.Most of the people i know who are into vinyl got there because they were into the sound first.

Edited by masliko
  • Like 1

for me to play.     Unfortunately there are a lot of semi professional collectors who never even open the media waiting to sell down the l

I belive most are just collectors and LP's are good collecting option(for now).If a new technology of an anolog disc(The same size as an LP)and a new cartridge,of some kind,that both have the look and feel of current LP's and carts,offer a better experience,say the sound the most current audiophiles are after(which is a super clean anolog sound)i belive things will change.Most of the people i know who are into vinyl got their because they were into the sound first.

I would always play whatever I buy. But many years down the road if there was a good sale in it I would sell. Provided I didn't want the LPs any more. Probably like my 60 -> 80s rock\pop.

• Like 1