This maybe an off topic, but thought I would post it on this thread. I walk passed outside of this bar named Bob Dylan and the Band bar last December in Seoul number of times whenever I was there. But, never got a chance check out the place in person, hopefully I will get a chance yo visit the bar one day. I attached the screenshots of inside the bar from Google Maps.  The owner/operator seems love tube amps as you can see from a photo.

Screenshot_20240105-215219_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240105-215046_Maps.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@vinilink
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2023/12/113_70244.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiSxuzt9caDAxVcc_UHHWMEA90QFnoECCoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3e8uWQWMqrH0FABuASoQBn

Just googled it

Seems the city has multiple bars like that

I wouldn’t have time for site seeing 😎

My wife wouldn’t go😄

I’m going to Perth in April to the Astral Weeks bar

Thats enough excitement for me

I wonder why these places are in Seoul

Would the 60’s have been a thing there

Japan has a lot of record listening bars but don’t appear to be themed

Edited by keyse1
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Mendes said:

FYI......

Such a jaunty tune with a litany of put downs and that that killer punchline 

I loved his reaction halfway through knowing what the last line was to come

Not sure who it was about a lot of possibilities at that time around the Greenwich Village folk scene

I prefer to think it was about his audience at that time and their reaction to playing an electric guitar

Lucinda Williams thinks it’s about professional jealousy as he started to grow out of the folk scene based on her own experiences 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keyse1 said:

Such a jaunty tune with a litany of put downs and that that killer punchline 

I loved his reaction halfway through knowing what the last line was to come

Not sure who it was about a lot of possibilities at that time around the Greenwich Village folk scene

I prefer to think it was about his audience at that time and their reaction to playing an electric guitar

Lucinda Williams thinks it’s about professional jealousy as he started to grow out of the folk scene based on her own experiences 

I remember when i lived in the US it is common to use the number system for street names, so a lot of opportunities for that song to pop up in your head.

back then i think the best cd store in Reno was on 4th Street 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of Bob's albums that took me a long time to get into and really appreciate.

Not on any religious level at all, but just great song writing and now an absolute joy to listen to. 

IMG_2225.jpg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Mendes said:

This is one of Bob's albums that took me a long time to get into and really appreciate.

Not on any religious level at all, but just great song writing and now an absolute joy to listen to. 

IMG_2225.jpg

They really come to life on trouble No More

Especially the multiple versions of Slow Train and Gotta Serve Somebody 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Bob knows a bit about crucifixion and resurrection in the metaphorical 

Sense

This record was crucified at its release by Bob fanatics like me and it took 40 or so years for its resurrection in the shape of recordings from the live tour at that time Trouble No More

Inflamed with born again righteous vocals and a killer band of musicians and a female gospel chorus the songs came alive despite the often cringey lyrics

The vocals transcended the limitations of the lyrics so to speak

IMG_1442.jpeg

IMG_1444.jpeg

IMG_1443.jpeg

IMG_1447.jpeg

IMG_1446.jpeg

IMG_1448.jpeg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Bob knows a bit about crucifixion and resurrection in the metaphorical 

Sense

This record was crucified at its release by Bob fanatics like me and it took 40 or so years for its resurrection in the shape of recordings from the live tour at that time Trouble No More

Inflamed with born again righteous vocals and a killer band of musicians and a female gospel chorus the songs came alive despite the often cringey lyrics

The vocals transcended the limitations of the lyrics so to speak

Yes, it was an interesting period for Bob’s fans.

I loved this album when it came out, & still do.

I’m more inclined to get excited when an established artist does something different.  I see it as a testament to their talent (if it works)

A couple of examples off the top of my head:
Elvis Costello: Almost Blue

Paul Kelly: Post

Neil Young: Trans

Linda Ronstadt: Round Midnight

Springsteen: Nebraska

• Like 1

From Jewish to born again Christian is certainly different 😀

As I said above on Trouble No More Bobs vocals transcend the lyrics which is the opposite to how he is perceived outside that narrow universe of Dylan fanatics 

have you heard Trouble No More?

44 minutes ago, surprisetech said:

Yes, it was an interesting period for Bob’s fans.

I loved this album when it came out, & still do.

I’m more inclined to get excited when an established artist does something different.  I see it as a testament to their talent (if it works)

A couple of examples off the top of my head:
Elvis Costello: Almost Blue

Paul Kelly: Post

Neil Young: Trans

Linda Ronstadt: Round Midnight

Springsteen: Nebraska

7 hours ago, keyse1 said:

From Jewish to born again Christian is certainly different 😀

As I said above on Trouble No More Bobs vocals transcend the lyrics which is the opposite to how he is perceived outside that narrow universe of Dylan fanatics 

have you heard Trouble No More?

Haven’t heard it yet, but it’s on Qobuz, so I will in the next few days

On 1/3/2024 at 1:27 PM, Mendes said:

Bob once told me to never fall in love with a tennis player. Love means nothing to them. 🤗

Close —in the 40s my Mum learnt Tennis from the famous harmonica player Lou Adler 

• Haha 2