Tune Audio Anima horn speakers - an insight

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aaaaaaaand installed!   

These are what were featured in Munich from Tune Audio, a brand I'm really proud to be representing in Australia.   

These seem like good value in the UK and attract a good amount of praise. Looks like a good speaker to bring to the Oz market, good luck!

Very nice,

It would be fantastic if you could exhibit a pair at the Melb Hi Fi show.

It's a small possibility, along with Manley and VPI. 

cam - manolis said they are rated at '109'db sensitivity.

that modwright is 150w, too much power, no?

or is that a smaller amp playing?

they look like fantastic speakers to me. really like them  :thumb:

Edited by analog brother

Lol I think it is a refurbished range hood :) - but seriously, there's demand for a smaller sub so that could eventuate. The horn in the sub is 3.6m long! 

Yeah 109dB, the Modwright is certainly overkill, but as such would be playing predominantly in class A. It was more to do with the fact this is what Jack (who represents Tune in the UK) had at the time and wanted to showcase. It was really good, but I'd be playing around with <50w amps personally. 

They were using Signal Project Lynx cables, which is something I might be doing shortly. I met Nick who is the designer and builder, and boy does he know his stuff. I learnt a lot over the weekend from him, enough to give them a go so he's sending me a few things soon to try. But at the show some VdH cables were trialled from the rep, and he swiftly left, tail between his legs when the SPs were put back in. I was really impressed. 

• Like 1

its not just superb looking, but for a bass horn, that's pretty compact.

reading cameron's comments on avant-garde on munich show thread, i think the tune anima prob well worth to listen to if it ever come down here :)

If the rumours are true Henry, there might be some coming down under shortly on a slow boat  ;)

Stay TUNED. In the meantime I have their smaller horns, the Primes, on hand for immediate demo. 

If the rumours are true Henry, there might be some coming down under shortly on a slow boat  ;)

Stay TUNED. In the meantime I have their smaller horns, the Primes, on hand for immediate demo. 

i think i have more than 3 reasons now to visit you Cam :P:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

They were a tight fit Brother! I'm still dialling them in, trying a few different amps, toe etc. So far so good. More of everything over the Primes, but the major difference is the mid-bass. If you like that visceral chest pounding when that kick drum hits, these are your bad boys. 

• Like 1

Construction is from Baltic birch ply, and it employs a Tractrix based horn design. There is adjustment for mid and tweeter levels, and at the top of the 'tower' is a 15" woofer for bass duties. The tweeter is also adjustable in positioning. 

They're on the bench at the moment, trying a few different amps to see what the go it. There's so much midrange goodness oozing out of these suckers, the SS class A amps here are performing very nicely with them to be honest! 

Swung past yesterday arvo and spent some proper quality time with Cam and his crazy Greek horns yesterday... confirmation - these are amazing, just love 'em 100%.

There's not too many speakers out there that are proper destination speakers... the ones that just stop you thinking what if and just give you the whole deal seemingly without effort. Hearing these is up there amongst the small handful of truly memorable gear experiences for me. Awesome... they just make music the way music is. Congratulations Cam, (quite a bit like Dani) these are keepers for sure :)

• Like 2

today was victor's, benny's and my turn to visit chez krispy.

yes, congratulations, cam, for landing these amazing speakers!

very natural sounding, effortless and smooth as silk.

they are quite large, although with a dark, woodgrain finish that looks almost black, they don't absolutely dominate the room ( well, yeah they sorta do.. :cool: )

any music lover would be ecstatic with a pair of these....we had a bit of a day club going as these babies do tha electronique boogie with sassy aplomb, just as well

as the usual acoustic stuff.

lovely, lovely works of art.  :thumb:

• Like 3

Great pics James!

I would describe the sound as effortless, dynamic and live with plenty of meat on the bones. Not at all in your face or fatiguing to give hours of continual listening pleasure. 

Plus it would not look out of place in MoMA :)

A very stylish compact horn system, will have to try and hear these one day.

They look great. I stated my reservation re the size of the gap under the bass horn elsewhere, and got Le Brush Off.
  • Like 1

They look great. I stated my reservation re the size of the gap under the bass horn elsewhere, and got Le Brush Off.

if I'm not mistaken, it is adjustable, i think they supplied the adjustable feet.

You asked if the gap looked too small. I said no. The gap as pictured how I have them setup in the photo is 13cm.