My humble set up

Finally got around to taking some pics of my set-up so far.

Pretty happy with how things are sounding at the moment, next step is to try and do something with the room, it's nearly square in dimensions and has 2 full walls of glass :D but doesn't sound too bad considering.:P

Sorry about the grainy pics, it's only a cheapo camera.

[ATTACH]2259[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2260[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2261[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2262[/ATTACH]

Finally got around to taking some pics of my set-up so far.

Pretty happy with how things are sounding at the moment, next step is to try and do something with the room, it's nearly square in dimensions and has 2 full walls of glass :D but doesn't sound too bad considering.:P

Sorry about the grainy pics, it's only a cheapo camera.

[ATTACH]2259[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2260[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2261[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2262[/ATTACH]

Excellent setup Curly Joe. I like the ribbons...and the AKSA....and the...oh, bugger it, I like the whole darn lot :o Just pack it up and sent it to me in an Express Post envelope...

cheers

2sheds

Nice to see your system again Curly.

Those Ambience Ribbons used to be mine but I could not get them sounding right in my room.A dipole thing I suppose.

They sounded excellent in this much wider space though.Iwas glad to find a good home for them where they could achieve their potential.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, I'm finally starting to get the sound I wanted from this system so quite happy. Up coming things to try will be room treatments as mention before and I might have another crack at integrating the sub into my 2ch rig instead of just being used for HT.

Cheers

CJ

Looking good, love the 1600s.

wrt to room treatments, hanging something on the wall in between the speakers will give you improvements in staging and imaging.

Looking good, love the 1600s.

wrt to room treatments, hanging something on the wall in between the speakers will give you improvements in staging and imaging.

Ta, I tinkered around with throwing a quilt over the plasma to see if that would improve things, I might give it another try. I'd like to do away with the TV and put PJ in later down the track which would make it easier to treat the front wall. I have an on-going problem with the soundstage being skewed a little to the left, I think it's 'cos the system is set up closer to the left wall so I'd like to treat that as well. Not easy when you've got a room full of glass and timber blinds covering it.

Unfortunately room treatments seem to come with a very low WAF.:D

Cheers

CJ