-DAC Shootout ROUND 3

Lenehan Audio

I insisted on a test where the PDX was subject to the same digital attenuation of -12dB as the killer. There was no noticeable impact on the PDX sound.

Likewise the Metrum has no volume control. It required -11.5dB to match the killer.

Which DAC had the hum kdoot?

The better question would be, "which DAC was in the system when the hum was audible?" And that's exactly why I'm choosing not to answer, because of implications that might be drawn. It could well have been a setup problem, a cable issue, some freaky atmospheric conditions...

So if Mike figures out what was going on he may choose to share. Maybe it was a one-off occurrence and has since not been heard. Hopefully some more people will find some time for a listen and can share their experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all dac audiophiles

I am the owner of the AMR DP 777 that was entered in the GTG dac shootout out at Mike Lenehans

Firstly, let me say that there where no bad dacs entered. All had there own own qualities

The score results confirmed my own score. The new PDX was the winner in my opinion. The PDX did everything right

Bass has detail and texture. Midrange was clean and yet real.Topend a little bright but still was the best

In comparison the AMR sounded a little warm. I wll be trying some tube rolling .The fun continues

I was recently given the chance to compare the new PDX with the Killer dac following the GTG

Firstly the Killer Dac. This dac sounded good playing older style music e.g Fever by Peggy Lee (Bill Hobba favorite)  where a bit of smoothness is required.

Any modern good recordings still sounded good

Second New PDX. After 5 seconds the PDX showed it is, in my opinion, the clear winner as heard at the GTG. Detail bass and clean midrange

This demonstration clearly confirmed top me the GTG results for the New PDX and the Killer Dac

• Like 2