FOUND: High End SACD Player

Price Range: 1000 - 8000
Item Condition: Good Condition

Extra Info: Looking for a high end SACD Player. Will consider current/recent models Esoteric, Accuphase, DCS, McIntosh. I am located in Brisbane. Also interested to hear from members who have experienced the PSAUDIO SACD player and how it compares with the aforementioned brands.

You could do  a lot worse than a Yamaha DVDS2300.A universal player but the best sounding one for SACD I have heard.Way better than the Esoteric DV50 for example which I have also owned.Other than that the Accuphase players tend to sound excellent.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have a pristine Mark Levinson No 5101 which gets great reviews if interested?

Also has top notch Precision Link II DAC and streaming capabilities. Complete original packaging and remote.

Edited by Philharmonic
  • Like 1

Please listen to the Denon DCD A110 anniversary SACD player. Even at 5.5k brand new its great value.

I have one and am totally stoked, it unashamedly makes my system sound wonderful, the midrange is the highlight for me, rich, full and wonderfully fleshed out.

I've heard the Esoteric K-07xs a number of years ago, the Denon is the better player to my ear, it'l go very close to the  K-05xs. Unfortunately it lives with the Denon moniker, that in itself is enough to scare off potential buyers.

Read up on some of the world wide forums, they're experiencing the same  quality sound I have.

• Like 1

I have an Esoteric Grandioso transport that I hardly ever use and would be prepared to sell, but you specifically asked for player and it's not that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrisAnalog said:

Also interested to hear from members who have experienced the PSAUDIO SACD player and how it compares with the aforementioned brands.

One word. Utter rubbish. Actually that's two words. I owned one, unreliable piece of junk.

• Like 2

I have a Wadia 581 which I have re-capped and need to put it back together.

Not on your list of brands, but it has 4 x Burr-Brown PCM-1704 resistor ladder DACs and is properly fully balanced with 6 independent audio channels (2 for single ended outputs and 4 for hot and cold on XLRs).

These were the last good DACs before the current cheap Sigma-Delta arrived.

Choice of 3 Wadia Digimaster algorithms.

Would want $7k for it once it is finished but comes with full 12 month warranty.

This is SE version which is a reliability upgrade. In fairness, I think it amounts to having slots milled out in its case to improve ventilation (needed because it runs 3 FPA on board).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jakeyb77_Redux said:

Seconded for @psychometrics1 has a beast of a Krell for sale. 

Additionally, Kym is an outstanding member of our community, so if anything were to go wrong, he will sort it out. You can buy from him with confidence.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

All

Really appreciate the insights and offers.

Just finished installing an Esoteric K-01 series which is an absolute beast! 

Many thanks to all that replied. 

• Like 3

Finding near new Esoteric disc players is a rare event, owners tend to keep them for the long term. As I said earlier, mine doesn't get much use any more. I'm too lazy to get off the lounge to load a new disc, especially when the alternative is being able to play virtually any song ever written from the convenience of a streaming service, and only needing to move my thumb on a touchscreen to do that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lucky man, you’re going to love it.

With the way streaming is going we might see the odd Esoteric appear 

more frequently in the classifieds.

Would appreciate your thoughts once the player has settled into the system.

Esoteric says they get more requests from customers to build new streamer model than any other product. I'm to understand they might be working on a Grandioso level network streamer.

Posted (edited)

Its sounds fantastic.

Played around with a few different SPDIF cables. Furutech, Shunyata Venom and FTA Themisto. Bought the Shunyata and then the Themisto arrived and much prefer it. Have a full FTA loom on the front end of my system. I use Shunyata Alpha V2 power cable.

Mainly playing std CD's which it plays wonderfully. Haven't tried SACD as yet, but i have it running through a T+A 200DAC which it pairs nicely with.

I also have a Lumin U2 that i stream Tidal with with, perhaps the SACD's meet or exceed the high def streaming, but agree with BrodricJ, that streaming from the U2 Lumin is exceptionally detailed and oh so convenient.

I understand may be able to run SACD direct from the K-01 straight into the MA12000 but haven't had the time to explore.

Edited by BrisAnalog