Music for dementia patients.

Hi everyone, hoping for a recommendation. My younger brother has dementia but for most of his life he was a huge country music fan. I want to put together some music mp3 recordings but the player has to be simple to use. Bluetooth is out of the question so basically the player will have built in speakers, internal storage of maybe 50gb or sd card, shuffle play, probably rechargeable battery powered, basically an on/off switch with volume control. I have several daps but all require headphones or Bluetooth to external speakers and are too complicated. I can’t think of anything but maybe others might have a solution. Thanks in advanced.

Well being a life long country music fan explains his Dementia…

lol.  Okay, not really, but mega props to you in sorting out some music for his enjoyment.

• Wow 1

• 1 month later...

When my Mom was in memory care, I got a $30 MP3 player from Best Buy and connected it to the aux in of her Bose wave radio. It was far too complex for her to operate, but the staff at the nursing home would start it when she was in the room. She loved it.

3 minutes ago, tps246 said:

When my Mom was in memory care, I got a $30 MP3 player from Best Buy and connected it to the aux in of her Bose wave radio. It was far too complex for her to operate, but the staff at the nursing home would start it when she was in the room. She loved it.

Thank you for that info, I was going to have a talk to the staff to see if they could do that.

• 3 weeks later...