Les Davis Audio

7:30pm Wednesday 15th May

Willis Room, City of Whitehorse Offices
Maroondah Highway (Whitehorse Road), Nunawading
Melway Map 48 Ref G9

We welcome Les Davis for Les Davis Audio to our May 2024 general meeting. Les will be presenting his full range of products including the Magic Mat, Entropic Isolators and the Original 3D2 Damping Feet. Les will also bring along two new products that have been in development and are on the verge of release.

To demonstrate his products Les is bringing along Brad Serhan from Serhan Swift to talk about their Mu2 stand mount speakers. Brad is the Chief Loudspeaker Designer and Morris Swift is Engineering Director, with both have a heavy involvement in the construction and testing of these speakers. The Mu2 are 2-way units with power handling at 100W. They have a sensitivity of 84dB @1 metre and comprise of a ScanSpeak 1" Revelator Ring Radiator Tweeter and a ScanSpeak 5" Revelator Bass / Mid.

Also for our listening pleasure Les will have Dale Moore from Yamaha Australia presenting a Yamaha R-N2000A network receiver and a pair of Yamaha NS-2000A floorstanding speakers. Yamaha Australia received an excellent review from patrons at the Sydney Hi-Fi Show in April, see link below for details. I remember hearing Yamaha equipment at the last two StereoNet shows and was impressed by the quality of the sound and finish of the equipment. Dale will also be brining along a Yamaha CDS2100 CD player for members to listen to their own tracks should you wish to bring a CD along.

The Yamaha R-N2000A network receiver is rated at 120W per channel and has an ES9026PRO DAC. It has what Yamaha call MusicCast, their system to control streaming from services such as Tidal, Qobuz, Amazon Music, Spotify and Deezer. The Yamaha NS-2000A floorstanding speakers are rated at 200W maximum input power with a sensitivity of 88dB . They are a 3-way bass-reflex with 2 x 6.5"woofers, 8" midrange and a 1.25" tweeter.

If you wish to hear your favourite tune on the vast array of equipment to be auditioned this month please feel free to bring a CD along and let me know prior to the start of the meeting.

We have a number of excellent presenters booked for future meetings however I am always keen for your suggestions and contacts. Don't forget when you part with your hard-earned at the local audio retailer to close the deal with a promise from them to present at our club!! I will have my MAC business card at the GM so please take a few for distribution to potential presenters.

If you have any comments, questions or queries about our General Meetings please don't hesitate to chat with me at the GM's as I, and the committee, are always keen to hear from you about our meetings and what you think.

See you at the May GM on the 15th May for an entertaining and fun-filled night!

Dave Polanske
Programme Coordinator

Ken Tripp

Wise and Wonderful Webmaster
Melbourne Audio Club, Inc.

• Like 1