The cheapest Internet Plan

Wanna know who you tried and what you know? 😃 

Im getting real close to FTTP from FTTC and I'm thinking of deviating from my provider:  ABB, as there not always the cheapest.   Ive heard the NBN is going to drop prices soon? but not sure!  ATM, ABB is billing me $95/mth for 100/20.   There top tier plan is $129, elsewhere its $99 for 6mths and then $109.

Anyone tried Superloop? or any others that you are happy with, considering you are paying for what you get, or stick with ABB?

https://www.superloop.com/internet/nbn?referral_method=Google Ads&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw88yxBhBWEiwA7cm6pTpEzstv5p06CWSpRE6VtVh1W9ZPIvW5jNUmGikumxOggLpiam7bRhoCQJUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/internet/nbn-plans/

Originally was with ABB and then did the changeover to Superloop (tried to be cheap) for a few months and got fed up with the random disconnections.  Superloop's helpdesk/customer support is nowhere near as good as ABB.  Now swapped back to ABB, think i'll stay with them for a while.

• Like 4

Have a look at Mate Communicate. I bundle my mobile with them as well.

We have a 100/25 plan with , now on fttp... pretty sure even with the mobile I'm paying less than $95 per month...

I live in FNQ, I get good connection & average about 89Mb/s

No complaints

Many people don't realise that your internet experience is affected by your ISP.  I was with Exetel when they were smaller and the user experience was excellent.  Then they wanted to become a big player and signed up heaps of people - but never increased their broadband packages from the wholesaler, so everyone's internet slowed to a crawl during peak times.  I switched to my current ISP and, now going on about 8 years, have never had a problem.  When my current ISP signs up more people they also buy extra packages so that everyone keeps their speeds.  Keep this in mind when looking because when it comes to all things computers, speed is king.

Have tried both ABB and Superloop. Yes, ABB have the best support and tools, but am happy with Superloop with no issues while on FTTC. 

Superloop was good when they updated me to FTTP, with everything on time and as planned. There was a hiccup a few weeks after upgrade but resolved using chat when the NBN modem had to reset.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Addicted to music said:

@Snoopy8

any chance of posting what speeds you are getting?

Would like to know also what happens to the credit remaining when you signed up to go to another provider?   Do they give you a credit or you just lose it?

Here are results.  ABB will reimburse you for unused days when you cancel.

Screenshot_20240505-135032.png.b3e394c3d94969ab414ddbec2bfa9417.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

which plan are you on? 

200/50 I think?  It is a 3 month temporary plan as incentive to changeover to FTTP

Edited by Snoopy8
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

I dont see a 200/50?   i see a 250/25,  1000/50.   

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 9.17.49 PM.png

Sorry, my bad. I forgot the details of the promotion plan, and it does not say what I am on in my App.  It is likely 200/25!

Edited by Snoopy8

Posted (edited)
On 05/05/2024 at 11:48 PM, Snoopy8 said:

Sorry, my bad. I forgot the details of the promotion plan, and it does not say what I am on in my App.  It is likely 200/25!

Encountering any issues wih Superloop @Snoopy8?  

@frednork  let us know what you have decided with.

Edited by Addicted to music

8 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

Encountering any issues wih Superloop @Snoopy8?  

@frednork  let us know what you have decided with.

No issues at all.  Will recommend Superloop ...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I use Vodafone at home, not particularly based on price, but they just offered the best speeds and in my experience they deliver.  This is the speed at my house now over wifi:

image.png.d09e1487192848415730e7104c763382.png

I pay $106 a month.

Edited by POV
  • Like 1

I'd never be ina rush to buy the cheapest plan. It is often cheap for a reason (oversubscribed network, poor POI connectivity etc).

That said I feel blessed to have Starlink in regional Victoria. Far better than my NBN options.

image.png.21a7b2742deaa75f16cf919c6b8f56c6.png

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

• Administrator

You'd have to give me almost free internet to get me to leave Aussie Broadband. As an internet subscriber for 26 years, they are by far the most reliable, and the most exceptional customer service of all my providers in that time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marc said:

You'd have to give me almost free internet to get me to leave Aussie Broadband. As an internet subscriber for 26 years, they are by far the most reliable, and the most exceptional customer service of all my providers in that time.

Totally on board with your statement Marc, we’ve been with them for more years than I wish to recount, for the very same reasons you have mentioned. They are outstanding ! 

• Like 1

• Administrator
15 hours ago, BugPowderDust said:

I'd never be ina rush to buy the cheapest plan. It is often cheap for a reason (oversubscribed network, poor POI connectivity etc).

That said I feel blessed to have Starlink in regional Victoria. Far better than my NBN options.

image.png.21a7b2742deaa75f16cf919c6b8f56c6.png

I've got a spare Starlink. Can you aggregate the connections? 🙂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Marc said:

I've got a spare Starlink. Can you aggregate the connections? 🙂

No link aggregation is possible I’m afraid though I could definitely load balance two links. I actually do this right now with Starlink and a nbn FW link I have for redundancy purposes

• Like 1

I used to be with ABB for a couple of years and recently switched to Superloop. Upgraded to FTTP and paying $109 for 1000/50 with 6 math intro price of $99. ABB are offering $129. Agree the phone service is local and great but the finance minister directed me to find savings. ABB have become slightly less competitive price wise since public listing. So far no issues.

IMG_1210.thumb.png.d745c45f3dd0f1fbfec3318ca76b4918.png

• Like 1