Denon PMA-1600NE amplifier

Item Condition: Used/Excellent Condition
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Rosanna
State: VIC
Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash
Reason for selling: Selling all hi-fi gear

Further Information

Selling my made in Japan Denon PMA-1600NE. Face plate mint, sides mint, top of case has a small mark circled in red in photo, one of the toslink optical fibre input dusk caps has broken off. There are two optical inputs. I've always used a touch of blu tack to hold the cable in place, or have just used the other optical input and coax. Priced accordingly. Remote is in great condition. 

Collection from Rosanna VIC, as I do not have box any more and it's just shy of 20kg

Working perfectly and sounding fantastic (at my former house 😫).

We've since moved, and the new place is full of exposed concrete floors and open spaces, stair well and angled ceilings. I've had a devil of a time trying to find the magic the old place had sound wise, and I've given up somewhat and moved to a tiny powered speaker set up for now until I can acoustically treat some walls here. I've borrowed friends set ups to test and it's a echoey hot mess unfortunately. 

Fairly upset as I know how great my set up sounds, but will address wall treatment once renovations are complete down the line. 

The Denon PMA-1600NE has been brilliant, big muscular sound but has great ability to be subtle and nuanced. It replaced a Yamaha A-S1200 which I did not bond with, and felt the Denon was much more musical and worked with every speaker combo I've thrown at it. The on board DAC and phono stage are no slouch, so much so that it made my Moon 110LP V2 phono stage redundant. 

Will be listing shortly....... 

Pro-Ject The Classic Turntable with Ortofon 2m Bronze or Nagaoka MP-200 (or both) 

B & W CM5 S2 speakers

Moon 110LP V2 phono stage 

Record collection

1000018659-01.jpeg

1000018655-01.jpeg

1000018645-01.jpeg

1000018639-01.jpeg

1000018641-01.jpeg

DSC08217.JPG

• Like 5