Faulty Bluesound Vault 2i

Hi guys, my faithful Bluesound Vault 2i has gone into red mode. This apparently means that the machine has had an interruption during an update. Have read all the stuff I can find online. Have been trying to do a factory reset with no luck. I can faintly hear a regular click like a harddrive happening. Has any other owners encountered this problem and been able to rectify it. Thanking you all in advance, mikey

Not an owner but maybe try starting it without the hard drive connected, I had that happen once with a PVR when the hard drive failed

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fenda said:

Not an owner but maybe try starting it without the hard drive connected, I had that happen once with a PVR when the hard drive failed

It's the internal harddrive that I think I am hearing. I do use an external harddrive with all my Flac files on it but yes, I have disconnected this & it makes no difference. Thanks for your reply mate.

On 06/04/2024 at 4:18 PM, mikey d said:

Hi guys, my faithful Bluesound Vault 2i has gone into red mode. This apparently means that the machine has had an interruption during an update. Have read all the stuff I can find online. Have been trying to do a factory reset with no luck. I can faintly hear a regular click like a harddrive happening. Has any other owners encountered this problem and been able to rectify it. Thanking you all in advance, mikey

Have you tried plugging in an Ethernet cable run from your modem router?

I had similar problems with my Node 2i, and found this solved it.

1 hour ago, evil c said:

Have you tried plugging in an Ethernet cable run from your modem router?

I had similar problems with my Node 2i, and found this solved it.

Thanks Clive, I have always had it hardwired with an ethernet cable from the modem. Maybe I'll try it without it plugged in. I've got a feeling that there is a problem with the internal harddrive.

2 hours ago, mikey d said:

Thanks Clive, I have always had it hardwired with an ethernet cable from the modem. Maybe I'll try it without it plugged in. I've got a feeling that there is a problem with the internal harddrive.

You could well be right!,🤔

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Marc said:

Contact Amber Technology, the Australian distributor for Bluesound. IME their support is great, and Bluesound will ultimately point you back to them anyway. Best to get to the source in the first instance: https://www.stereonet.com/au/distributors/amber-technology

Cheers Mark, I am waiting on Bluos to help with a software solution. If then I think it is a hardware issue, I will definitely follow your advice.

On 08/04/2024 at 8:54 PM, Marc said:

Contact Amber Technology, the Australian distributor for Bluesound. IME their support is great, and Bluesound will ultimately point you back to them anyway. Best to get to the source in the first instance: https://www.stereonet.com/au/distributors/amber-technology

Hi Marc, I went as far as I could with Bluos support, they determined that it was not a software issue. I have been in touch with Amber Technology and will send it back to them. They have their own tech's, which is great. A good start with Amber Technology. Hoping that the repair will be smooth & that it is back in my system soon. It's a great little device.

• Like 1

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, mikey d said:

Hi Marc, I went as far as I could with Bluos support, they determined that it was not a software issue. I have been in touch with Amber Technology and will send it back to them. They have their own tech's, which is great. A good start with Amber Technology. Hoping that the repair will be smooth & that it is back in my system soon. It's a great little device.

You should get pretty good service there.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2024 at 8:54 PM, Marc said:

Marc is spot-on, the lads at AmberTech are great and will go above and beyond to troubleshoot/support. Good luck with your vault! Would be interested to know what the diagnosis/outcome is. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mixdownsize said:

Marc is spot-on, the lads at AmberTech are great and will go above and beyond to troubleshoot/support. Good luck with your vault! Would be interested to know what the diagnosis/outcome is. 

Cheers cobber, I will post about the outcome when I know what's happening. I sent the unit to them yesterday.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/04/2024 at 7:00 AM, mixdownsize said:

Marc is spot-on, the lads at AmberTech

Ditto, when they were up at Frenches Forest, they'd bend over backwards for me if I had a problem, Peter Amos couldn't be more helpful.

Cheers George

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...