Copland CSA 150 integrated amplifier with DAC

SOLD
SOLD
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: brunswick
State: VIC
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, osko
Reason for selling: Gone active

Further Information

I will be sad to see this lovely amp go., but I have gone to active speakers so this is no longer required. This unit was.bought new from the dealer in June 2021. Comes with original box. Free shipping included. 

I'd also consider trade/swap for good active speakers/monitors from genelec, ATC, Adam, Neumann, JBL,  dynaudio or similar.

The CSA-150 is a hybrid design offering 150 watts into 8 ohms and 230 watts into 4 ohms. It utilizes a 6922 Vacuum Tube in the preamp section. The CSA-150 has a DAC capable of working with 32-bit files with 384kHz signal frequency. 

From the manufacturer: The CSA150 integrated amplifier is the latest development from Copland. The device is based on the synectic design concept, which has brought widespread acclaim to Copland hybrid amplifiers, combining the advantages of tube and transistor amplifiers.

The CSA150 amplifier is equipped with a 2 x 150 W semiconductor stage with current feedback of the power stage, and the signal is supplied from the preamplifier operating on a double triode.

One tube is responsible for the linear amplification of the CSA150. The applied solution is distinguished by amazing efficiency. The dual triode operates at high voltage in a configuration for maximum linearity, taking care only of the voltage amplification. The MOS-FET circuit, in turn, provides a powerful force that drives the linear stage output and feedback circuit, thus facilitating the collaboration between the world of voltage-controlled electronic tubes and current-controlled transistor technology.

If you want the warm and colorful charm of older tube designs, the CSA150 tube linear stage will give you that experience. In this case, the tube creates life, space and dynamics that are difficult to find in amplifiers based solely on solid state technology.

With the vinyl enthusiast in mind, the designers have equipped the CSA150 with a RIAA-corrected input for MM cartridges. The amplifier also uses an excellent DAC with multiple S / PDIF, PCM and DSD inputs, based on the 32-bit ES9018 Reference chip in a quad-mono configuration, 8 mono to 2 stereo configuration.

The original binding posts have been replaced with WBT 0703 Cu Binding Posts purchased from Krispy Audio. The black metal chassis cover has 3M Damping Sheets (Music Direct product)fitted internally to reduce vibration.A new Genalex 6922 Gold Lion (unused) is included. A Herbies Audio Lab tube damper is fitted.

All the original packaging and accessories are included.

20240405_113913.thumb.jpg.c143e67e6402a4e777eedd1523af5b52.jpg20240405_113930.thumb.jpg.8c58d2a66df7b041221508fbb2f74224.jpg20240405_114004.thumb.jpg.5a854dbca0cdd2601dbf4b8e25bc6e72.jpg20240405_114104.thumb.jpg.b76b5d96c8542ca07bd2eea6d441bc76.jpg

Edited by sleach
fix title, redact personal info on invoice
  • Like 5

I'm the original owner who paid $8K+ for the Copland CSA 150 and did all the modifications. The amp is a brilliant performer and to get near it for this price......way more than a bargain. The current RRP at Krispy Audio is $8950 for the CSA 150.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, eyesofra said:

can the line in A1 and A2 configured as fixed-level i.e HT bypass ? 

Im not really sure! Im afraid I'm not much of an expert on the HT side of things, I'm strictly 2 channel music. Hopefully this user guide might help... cheersCSA150 User guide (3).pdf 

Edited by sleach
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, eyesofra said:

looks gorgeous ! can the line in A1 and A2 configured as fixed-level i.e HT bypass ? 

I've used many preamps, and currently use preamps that have no HT bypass. You just have to set a higher volume level on the preamp or amp and then adjust your AV front speakers accordingly. 

• Like 1

I'd be worried too if I was buying an amp worth $8000 and allowing kids to use it. Dangerous only if you set your volume too low. Depending on how quiet the amp is, you could go to a 3 oclock position if you wish. I've a mate who runs 5 amps on his system to 5 pairs of speakers at once. He runs his first stereo amp in the chain at 1oclock and that's plenty of input level for the AV system. Anyways, I'm concious of not hijacking this post. Enough said.