Denon DCD-1500ae CD & SACD Player

Item Condition: Great (except a little bump)
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Newtown
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash or bank transfer
Reason for selling: Simplifying

Excellent sounding cd player from Denon with remote 

Great condition except a small bump on the side 

2283E8A1-0801-4959-B5E6-A00EEC949693.jpeg

976B9A29-4EF4-4425-A459-AE2EB4B1D492.jpeg

Edited by Hifi delight
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Hifi delight said:

Excellent sounding cd player from Denon with remote 

Forgot to mention @Hifi delight that this is an SACD as well.  That'll get it sold very quick

DENON DCD-1500AE DSD1791 – DXP6001AF – CXD2753R SACD HOP-1200R

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, georgehifi said:

Forgot to mention @Hifi delight that this is an SACD as well.  That'll get it sold very quick

DENON DCD-1500AE DSD1791 – DXP6001AF – CXD2753R SACD HOP-1200R

Cheers George

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve updated the title. It’s a truly brilliant player for the money!

3 minutes ago, Berkel said:

I had one of these and am sorry to have sold it. A wonderful player.

Don’t tempt me to keep it. I’m trying to consolidate ! 

Sorry, but I'm being fair dinkum. I compared mine against other players costing $3 -4 K and the Denon was better. Sold it in a moment of " brain fever " I guess !

• Wow 1

It's hard to go wrong with the decent quality Denon stuff at this kind of price when there are so many other 2nd hand pieces of comparable quality for more money. I think this'll have optical and coax digital outs, to go with the rca audio. I've got an older version (DVD 3910), and won't sell the old girl. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Me2also said:

It's hard to go wrong with the decent quality Denon stuff at this kind of price when there are so many other 2nd hand pieces of comparable quality for more money. I think this'll have optical and coax digital outs, to go with the rca audio. I've got an older version (DVD 3910), and won't sell the old girl. 

I actually bought this used around 4 years ago and was so impressed that I bought the brand new (at the time) Denon 1600ne amp which is the same range 

Now selling both to simplify my set up in the main room (sadly going Sonos) 

Back when these were new I auditioned 3 or 4 pairings of various manufacturers CD and integrated amps at Challenge HiFi.

Ended up buying the Denon 1500 pair, sounded best to me.

A short while later I bought the matching tuner.

My brother has the system now. Doesn't want to sell it back to me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Berkel said:

I'm seriously considering it.

Dennis

Can't see how this hasn't sold. I would have bought this the minute it was posted. But already have an SACD

@Hifi delight you're kind of giving this away. Not using, no discs? I understand streaming is the flavour of the decade but still...surrender a beautiful piece of tech that might prove a wonderful rediscovery in a year or two? Or when you want to listen to an album that the streaming services just don't have (and there are many)?

/2c

• Like 2

I bought one of these back when I was working at Encel. It was hands-down the best player we had for "everyman" money

if you can afford to, my advice would be to box it up for 12 months to see how much you miss it. I went all-streaming in 2012 when I caught the computer audio bug and over last few years I’ve added back vinyl and CDs (meridian 506) to the streaming setup because each has their charms.

i find that CDs are actually my lowest-friction option. Pull a disc off the shelf, put it in the player, press play and you’re away 🙂 

• Like 5

On 6/4/2024 at 10:50 AM, RankStranger said:

if you can afford to, my advice would be to box it up for 12 months to see how much you miss it.

If only quotes could be pinned!

@RankStranger This is sage advice.

I did the same thing. After it was boxed, I stored it out of sight and set a calendar reminder for +13 months to the day. This method saved me from many rash gear decisions and a lot of money over the years. 

That said; I wish the OP GLWTS. 

• Like 2