OPPO 105 - Is it worth fixing

Hi all, I have an Oppo 105 that has just started to malfunction.  My Oppo is only 2 channel, primarily to play FLAC or WAV files from a USB SSD drive, and the occasional CD.  The OPPO is connected to a MICHI X5, both via optical and RCA analogue, I switch between the two DACs.  The problems started 3 weeks ago when I upgraded my Samsung phone when I discovered the Media Centre App was not available.  After a post on this forum, I discovered why. But the the App on my IPAD also started playing up, then stopped working.  Whilst trying to determine whether the Oppo can still be used as a DAC, I then noticed the 2 channel output only works via the left speaker, and the digital output did not work at all.  Strange thing was everything worked fine three weeks ago.  The front 2 channels on the 7 channel output still works but is severely lacking in detail.  There is also no red light from the optical cable when playing a CD.  I have completed a factory reset to no evail.  I have connected other devices to my Michi X5 inputs and found them to work fine.  Before I move to questions on what to replace it with, is it worth getting looked at $100 service fee, then fixed, or is it time to replace.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought so as well.  I approached one of the repairers who use to repair the OPPO in Brisbane who suggested, it is to difficult to get parts for them now.  And if I were to only use it as a CD player, I could probably buy an equivalent quality CD player for probably less then $1500.  It is sitting in the shed for now