The world lacks audiophiles

I have recently began, or maybe continued, my hi-fi journey. I was into audio 25 years ago when I bought a few car stereos that were aimed at good sound over large bass. I kept my last car stereo and it sat mostly in storage this whole time. I recently decided to hook it up again and since my cars are always in transition, I bought a 12V power supply that plugs into a 120V outlet, and hooked that old stereo up in my house. I REALLY enjoyed it, and one night while having a drink and enjoying the stereo, I decided I finally needed to research and start putting together a hi-fi system. After a few experimental iterations, I have (almost) my first system setup. I am on the hunt for some other components, or possibly deals on other stuff I want to experiment with.

It has been awesome interacting with other audiophiles through these sites because I haven't met another person directly that is willing to invest time and money to build a stereo. Even worse, it's hard to find people excited about what I'm doing. Even worse, it's hard to find someone who is at least interested. Even worse, it's hard to find people who are even willing to come over and hear the stereo. Even worse, many of those people don't react the way I thought they would. Why doesn't everyone long for amazing audio?!?!?!?

• Like 4

Hi Anthony, Welcome to StereoNET. Thanks for the intro, I think you're found your 'people' here !!! While we may not be on every street corner we are out there. I'm surprised and very pleased to have found several very likeable folks within an hour or two's travel from me who have all the same troublesome conditions that you and I share ... being interested in, excited by and searching for amazing audio. Enjoy the forums 😀

• Like 1

I hadn't considered the possibility of crossing local contacts through these sites! But now I shall await my turn. At least there is contact through these forums with like minded people, thank you for the responses.

On 14/03/2024 at 10:27 AM, dupes said:

I have recently began, or maybe continued, my hi-fi journey. I was into audio 25 years ago when I bought a few car stereos that were aimed at good sound over large bass. I kept my last car stereo and it sat mostly in storage this whole time. I recently decided to hook it up again and since my cars are always in transition, I bought a 12V power supply that plugs into a 120V outlet, and hooked that old stereo up in my house. I REALLY enjoyed it, and one night while having a drink and enjoying the stereo, I decided I finally needed to research and start putting together a hi-fi system. After a few experimental iterations, I have (almost) my first system setup. I am on the hunt for some other components, or possibly deals on other stuff I want to experiment with.

It has been awesome interacting with other audiophiles through these sites because I haven't met another person directly that is willing to invest time and money to build a stereo. Even worse, it's hard to find people excited about what I'm doing. Even worse, it's hard to find someone who is at least interested. Even worse, it's hard to find people who are even willing to come over and hear the stereo. Even worse, many of those people don't react the way I thought they would. Why doesn't everyone long for amazing audio?!?!?!?

Many at SNA grew up in the era of LP's , where you might hear Beatles Abbey Road from a nearby house, and as you knew the album already , you could visualize the LP turning at their place. Album covers were a big part of the attraction I think, as nearly everyone had Dark Side of the Moon , which many had hanging on walls too,   Yes the common joining thing was music. Move forward to the present day and all that was so enjoyable can still be done with even better audio reproduction.  

It's perhaps a matter of expressing in words what you hear, and the forum you have joined,  is a great place for that, from there you might find others reacting also to music, like  http://www.michiganaudioclub.com/  

• Like 1