Integrating a tablet with a DAC

Hi Some of you who know more about HiFi than me might be able help me .I want to connect my Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 Android tablet and use it as a screen to see my album art etc,and connect it to a dac ,and then to my Amplifier.Would anyone know what way i would go about connecting it all up and what Cables i would need,Thanks in advance for your Help.

Edited by kears

:welcome: to the forum.

Your tablet should be running a music App, which will show the album art.  Firstly, is your music stored somewhere or are you using streaming (Tidal, Apple Music etc..)?   What streamer are you using?  The streamer should have a music App.

• Like 1

Welcome, what amplifier do you have?

1. Depending on the quality you are after a cheap cable like this connected to your headphone jack will work without the need for an external DAC, albeit at lower quality.

Screenshot2024-03-11at9_44_43am.png.b25f35f0efb82ce10200c66d06879bc3.png

2. Again another lower quality option that may do the trick would be to use the Bluetooth connection and buy a Bluetooth audio receiver connected to your amp. The upside here is you can control the tablet wherever you are sitting.

3. From what I can see the highest quality will be as you said it, you need a USB cable to connect then tablet to a USB DAC and then analogue to your amp.

Hi Hifi whipped,i have a Yamaha CR-820 Amp,i might try Bluetooth Receiver option and see how it goes,if not I will try cables.

• Like 1

It could be beneficial to change the title of this topic from the generic "Assistance" to something more informative, like "Integrating a tablet with a DAC". 

It would probably generate more replies, and also help other people who might be searching to resolve a similar problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kears said:

Hi snoop...i have power amp or the pulsar app both are good, my music is on a SD Card on the tablet...

It would help if you are more specific with your posts.  The more information you provide, the better we can help you.   Do you have the Innuos Pulsar streamer or something else? What is your DAC?