Subwoofer connection to Stereo amp with A and B speakers

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I have added a second pair of speakers to my stereo setup. They are connected to the B terminals. The main speakers and the sub are connected to the A terminals. Other than using the sub's low level input is there a way of connecting the sub so that it works with both pairs of speakers via the high level connection?  My sub is a REL and the high level input uses 3 wires - red, yellow and black.

does your amp have a sub (low level) connection?

If not, then having your sub connected at high level to your A terminals means there's no way to have the sub working on your B terminals.

You could add a switch so that your sub could be connected to both A and B outputs of your amp, and you select which one is connected (A or B)

Mike

Edited by almikel
clarification

12 hours ago, almikel said:

there's no way to have the sub working on your B terminals

Okay I thought as much. I have other options. My amp has a pre-out and I also have a Bluesound Node 2i which has a pre-out specifically for a sub connection and the crossover is adjustable. 

On 09/03/2024 at 11:36 AM, Chigurh said:

Okay I thought as much. I have other options. My amp has a pre-out and I also have a Bluesound Node 2i which has a pre-out specifically for a sub connection and the crossover is adjustable. 

In that case running your sub at low level from "pre-out" outputs, then you could run speakers of either A or B outputs

mike

• Like 1