FOUND: DAB+ Tuner

Timv

Price Range: $75-250
Item Condition: Good

Extra Info: Looking for a DAB+ Tuner with very good sensitivity and clean clear sound quality. Must be easy to set up and use and be able to be plugged into an integrated amplifier. I am in Freshwater on Sydney's Northern Beaches. Happy to pay for postage. Please let me know what you have.

Edited by Timv

51 minutes ago, Timv said:
Price Range: $75-250
Item Condition: Good

Extra Info: Looking for a DAB+ Tuner with very good sensitivity and clean clear sound quality. Must be easy to set up and use and be able to be plugged into an integrated amplifier. I am in Freshwater on Sydney's Northern Beaches. Happy to pay for postage. Please let me know what you have.

I have a Sangean WFT-1D+ surplus to requirements.

Sensitivity is great and it has an antenna socket, so you can fit any antenna you choose.

Some similar units are bare bones and offer little more than the OEM module, but Sangean have the Frontier Silicon module mounted on their own PCB with proper power supply and output buffering, so I was always very happy with the sound.

It's still in very good condition and was in use in the home office until recently.

I replaced it with a Wintal DAB22COM tuner, only because the Sangean doesn't support FLAC playback over network streaming (WAV, MP3, etc. are fine) and there were a couple of Internet Radio stations that I could no longer get due to them switching over to a more recent protocol.

As a DAB+/FM tuner, the Sangean is more sensitive.  I had to rig up a better antenna for the new one.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Remote is included.

Sangean_WFT1D (2).JPG

Sangean_WFT-1D_Plus_GB_V1_UM.pdf

Edited by surprisetech
  • Like 1