March Audio p701 Mono Blocks

Item Condition: As New
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Kenmore
State: QLD
Payment Method: Paypal F&F, EFT, Cash on pickup
Reason for selling: NLR

Further Information

Final price drop. If the monoblocks don't sell this time, I will be keeping them.  The March Audio p701 monoblock amps, are in as new condition. I still have the original boxes. They are very powerful, as they use the Hypex NC1200 module so they can put out 400w into 8 ohms, 700w into 4 ohms and 1200w into 2 ohms into each channel. They are very clean, powerful, detailed, no noise amplifiers. See Audio Science Review for review on the Hypex NC1200 module. Specs for the Hypex NC1200 class D module can be found online. They generate 40amps of current and have excellent signal to noise and THD ratings. The technical specs are very good. These monoblocks only have balanced inputs, which may not suit all but is the better connection. I will just keep them if not sold. Feel free to ask questions. Listed elsewhere. 

17038183304531268142177544316035.jpg

17052225407481909278887535671940.jpg

17052237916021141273668894595467.jpg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tim D said:

I wonder how these would drive some B&W 805s?  Would they be too bright?

These issues would come from the speaker, not the amplifier.

The Stereophile measurements of the 805 tell you everything you need to know. 

Tailored frequency response, narrowing of vertical and horizontal dispersion in key areas.....  

One positive is the speakers impedance doesn't drop below 4ohm, so they won't present an issue to drive, and the NC1200's power will overcome the speakers relatively mild sensitivity.

In contrast the Hypex amplifier will provide a neutral response well past 20khz up to -3db @ 50khz and provide powerful low distortion output. Yay. 

DSP is best to address the 805's response issues (although directivity can't be helped). 

Edited by Grizaudio
  • Like 6

Seems the 805s like a warmer amp with a bit of current.  I was concerned the speakers would appear too bright.  I was hoping someone may have driven a set of these speakers with a Class D amp like the March.  I really can’t reliably tell from specs unfortunately.

11 hours ago, Tim D said:

Seems the 805s like a warmer amp with a bit of current.  I was concerned the speakers would appear too bright.  I was hoping someone may have driven a set of these speakers with a Class D amp like the March.  I really can’t reliably tell from specs unfortunately.

Someone will be very happy with these mono's, GLWTS

Hypex NC are extremely high performance, linear, low distortion, efficient amplifiers.

Nearly technically perfect amplification, and likely more amp than you (or anyone) would ever need.  

But......they won't "tailor, hide, fix" non linear speaker response or directivity issues.  

My opinion on this topic is pretty straight forward, rolling amplifiers to address speaker response and linearity preferences is like trying to herd cats.

You are much better off buying the NC1200's and linearising speaker response with Dirac DSP or similar. 

• Like 5