Hitachi PS 48 Turntable

Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Mulgrave/Traralgon
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash, PayID
Reason for selling: Too many TT, one of 7

Further Information

Beautiful Hitachi PS 48 for sale.

Serviced last year, in perfect working order. Installed Audio technical cartridge about 20 hours use.

Pickup only Mulgrave Vic (weekdays), Traralgon Vic (weekends)

The following descriptions are generated by ChatGPT.

The Hitachi PS48 is a vintage direct drive turntable from the late 1970s that offers high performance and convenience. It features a unit-torque motor that rotates smoothly and quietly, an auto mechanism that returns the tonearm and stops the platter, and a speed adjustment system with a neon lamp and stroboscope. The S-type low centre of gravity tonearm ensures accurate tracking and has a direct reading stylus pressure adjustment. The turntable also has a rich walnut base, shock-absorbing feet, and a metal-hinged dust cover. The stylus is in good condition and the RCA cables are low capacitance. This turntable is in excellent condition and works flawlessly. It is a rare and sought-after model that will delight any audiophile. 

(1) Hitachi PS-48 2-Speed Direct-Drive Turntable Manual - Vinyl Engine. https://www.vinylengine.com/library/hitachi/ps-48.shtml.
(2) Hitachi PS-48 Uni-Torque Direct Drive, Auto-Return (1976 - Reverb. https://reverb.com/item/52710220-hitachi-ps-48-uni-torque-direct-drive-auto-return-1976-vintage-japan.
(3) Hitachi PS-48 | hifi-wiki.com. https://hifi-wiki.com/index.php/Hitachi_PS-48.

IMG_5060.jpeg.01e9553c796259fad688fac9f87fb1db.jpegIMG_4620.thumb.jpeg.1158d2d5e421a7a1bf271ce7126b0397.jpegIMG_4619.thumb.jpeg.e92eef6faccc9dcee8ff8ed786b8f0c3.jpegIMG_4618.thumb.jpeg.af15f6b55901938e6710c820f073fd64.jpegIMG_4617.thumb.jpeg.7fd706625d9f3336b524e0ff3377caff.jpeg

Thanks for reading.

Cheers Michael

Edited by ClassZ
Correction
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, wasabijim said:

a good buy if in the market for a solid performer, still holds its own today and will pair with all manner of carts and phono stages no worries 

Could not agree more.

As a former owner of this model, I can attest that it performs well beyond expectations, given that it is an auto return model. It pairs very well indeed with a Garrott P77 or an Ortofon Black, both of which I used during the time I owned it.

As a bonus, it is built to a high standard and makes many newer base line TTs feel like toys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have one of these except in black. Very solid mechanism, sounds great and I paid a lot more than what you are asking. So a great pickup.

BTW, where did you get it serviced?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nagold said:

I have one of these except in black. Very solid mechanism, sounds great and I paid a lot more than what you are asking. So a great pickup.

BTW, where did you get it serviced?

Hi, the service was done by a retired electronic technician located in Mulgrave area. 😃

"No Brainer" for someone starting out. If I didn't have as many tables as you it would be mine. Looks very classy and well looked after. GLWS.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Honreekea said:

Can you please explain how CHATGTP knows the condition of the turntable.

ChatGPT is making life so much easier.

The enquiry I put forward to ChatGPT is “create a description for sale of Hitachi PS48 in good perfect condition “, the above is the result.

By the way, anyone want to learn how to use ChatGPT via iPhone or iPad. you can message me, I will show you how to. 

cheers

Michael

Edited by ClassZ
  • Like 3

On 24/01/2024 at 6:54 PM, ClassZ said:

ChatGPT is making life so much easier.

ChatGPT 3.5 is an argumentative sissy bot. I had to go 4.0 to get true value. Incredible technology.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GIGANTIC N TREMENDOUS said:

Hi Michael, 

What cart/stylus will the unit come with? Interested 

Audio-Technica AT-VM95E and an the original Hitachi cart/stylus. Plus the original manual.

IMG_6059.jpeg.4a6ee7f002133f009e4c9505bdd18bec.jpegIMG_6057.jpeg.02b1e0ea4004d0b422c9f2474795d744.jpegIMG_6061.thumb.jpeg.5a37b45631c21ad995d7394181b19f91.jpeg

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1