Funk Firm Achromat APM + Record Weight

Hi all, 

Apologies if this has been discussed before. 

I have just pulled the trigger on purchasing the Funk Firm APM platter mat from a local dealer to use with my Technics SL-1200 MK2, and I was curious if using my record weight (Master Sounds 40gm) with the Funk Firm would have any negative effects? I reached out to Funk Firm direct for clarity but they refused to give their opinion on record weights and use with their products. 

Any users of the Achromat who also use a record weight or clamp,  any issues or theories for pros/cons?

Cheers. 

Edited by iz_thewiz
Updated system specifications

I use both and have never experienced any negative effects. Of course YRMY. In my experience TT mats, clamps/weights and combination of each or singular are a personal preference.  They have subtle, not transformative effects. 

On 17/12/2023 at 12:08 PM, frankn said:

I use both and have never experienced any negative effects. Of course YRMY. In my experience TT mats, clamps/weights and combination of each or singular are a personal preference.  They have subtle, not transformative effects. 

Thanks for the reply. Subtle yet beneficial is the audiophile way!

metallic record weights will always have some adverse effects on the magnetic field properties of the cartridge, manifest as smaller soundstage projection and bloated mid-bass. otoh, stabilizing the record to prevent slippage is essential, so testing the magnetic field interference issue requires using a non-metallic record weight as the alternative for comparison. 

try the clearaudio clever little plastic clamp