Mix tapes

That last time I can remember doing this must have been the mid 90s, just as the "loudness wars" were starting. "Why is this Oasis track twice as loud as the Hüsker Dü cut?" Setting the input volume levels took longer than selecting the tracks 🤪

Kudos to your selections there. I'd be happy to listen to any of those mix tapes right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, zenikoy said:

That last time I can remember doing this must have been the mid 90s, just as the "loudness wars" were starting. "Why is this Oasis track twice as loud as the Hüsker Dü cut?" Setting the input volume levels took longer than selecting the tracks 🤪

Kudos to your selections there. I'd be happy to listen to any of those mix tapes right now.

Thanksgiving When I got Spotify I assembled a couple there

Ahhhh yes the serious and wonderful art of compiling music listening tracks...the long lost art of!!!

One had to have a vast collection of music and have a fair idea as to the sounds of their opening and closing so as to smoothly blend the cascade of sounds....

I use to have a music radio programme on the local FM station down in Bellingen and I gave much thought as to the flow of music from one track to another...and the vocals...

On one show I went from rock to classical back to rock then Tibetan singing and Japanese shakahaki music the back to rock...great fun!

And @cafe67 I did something similar to you...rather than using snippets of speech from bladerunner between tracks chosen...I would use Monty Pythons song...with here comes another one when will it ever end!...:hyper:

• Like 2

I may be behind the times.......

Recorded a cassette mix two weeks ago, and a reel to reel mix three days ago. Both from my record collection.

What the hell is a Spotify?

Edited by wartman
Forgot something
  • Haha 1

On 07/12/2023 at 12:05 PM, wartman said:

What the hell is a Spotify?

it's one of those irritating stains that you get on your favourite shirt and no matter how many times you wash it is still leaves a mark.

• Like 1