Mober Linn LP12 - EKOS Arm

SOLD
Item Condition: Immaculate
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Mount Claremont
State: WA
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: Change of Direction

Further Information

Selling my Mober Linn LP12 with Ekos tonearm and Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge.

This turntable, designed and made by Edmund Chan in Singapore, is very rare with reportedly less than 10 full Mober Linn LP12 units in the world today. The table comes with a new and genuine Linn LP12 lid and includes a Van Der Hul 501 Silver hybrid tonearm cable.

The price of the cartridge and tonearm alone well exceed the asking price of this turntable. The table can easily compete with many high-end tables out there, and truly punches above its weight. The current cartridge was installed by Frank Prowse, and has less than a few hundred hours of use. I am selling as I own a DCS Bartok streamer, and I am simply playing less vinyl than before.

I do not have the original box, as I bought the turntable from a Stereonet member here in Perth. The unit is flawless, and does not have any damage, markings, scratches or any defects of any kind. The table has been in dust free/smoke free room since purchased. As I don't have the packing boxes, I would prefer a local sale, but happy to ship at the expense and risk of the purchaser (who will also need to arrange shipping).

The Mober parts include:

• Top Plate
  • High grade Bearing
  • Arm Plate and suspension system which is like Linns Keel KORE and Trampoline and upgraded Cirkus Bearing
  • Platter in Aluminium
  • DC motor and external power supply
  • Inner platter made in different alloys
  • External platter different metal to Linns
  • Bearings and inner platters that run and run. 

This table was also featured in the Sound + Image hifi magazine (PDF files of the article attached including photos) For further information, please PM me, as I have plenty of photos showing the internal machined parts. Will also consider selling the table without the Cadenza Black cartridge at a modified price.

This is a rare opportunity to access a turntable of this caliber. 

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

Sound Magazine Article 1.pdf Sound Magazine Article 2.pdf

Edited by dafloro6601
Sound + PDF files included
  • Like 6
  • Wow 2