Hi, from the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.

Grus

Hello, my name is Grus and this is my story..

I've only really been semi seriously into mucking around with better quality stereo speakers and amps since I met my mate Howard and bought my first set of LEAK Sandwich speakers which were partially restored from him. That was about 5 or so years ago I think. My memory is not the best. 

My main interests are nice speakers and amps that fit my budget. Which is quite modest. I try to find bargains, but it's getting harder. 

I have two areas in my house that I have stereo set ups at the moment. The living area which is open plan. In here I have a Yamaha ca-610 amp driving a pair of LEAK Sandwich speakers. I'm usually playing CDs through a Marantz CD player, Sansui TT, Sansui Tuner or streaming Tidal through a DAC. It's a great set-up and really fills the open space.

The other area is my home office where I am currently using a DAC on my laptop to stream Tidal through a pair of Rogers LS6 speakers. I'm going to go for a more traditional amp though with these speakers when I get around to it.

Anyway, I'm nearly 50 am a retired biologist, a veteran, and currently work part time in IT. Oh, and love it when you find a great combination of amp and speakers.

Nice to meet you 🙂