A blast from the past

Source material to compliment vintage/traditional speakers can be a bit of a trick, not all recordings are the same, and some current offerings can result in, overprocessed/ high attack end results, which can cause terminal damage to older... more laid back products, which may be difficult to repair. I,ve recently rediscovered a monumental recording, that offer compassionate listen on vinyl, cd or Spotify.. Edmundo Ros,  NEW Rythmns of The South,.... ballistic! The recording dates to 1964, though you,d never believe it, its as bright, crisp and as entertaining as ever. Recorded by Decca, (amongst the best) in their Phase 4 format, not to be confused with quadraphonic. Be careful not to purchase the original Rythmns of The South, or the monophonic version, unless that's where life takes you. Enjoy a real treat of a blast from the past,.... they just don,t record them like this anymore. C & C

• Like 1

That's the one. Having done some research, Decca were playing with phase4 in the late 50,s, and as a  recording process, it was years /decades ahead of its time. Originally, a 10/multi track was employed, but it was not long before a 20 track system was developed, the end results were a rich, expansive, soundstage, of a full in your face, or ears, style, as typified by this album in particular. Oddly only 300 phase4 albums were ever recorded  (okay who,s got the others, come on share the titles), the system finally being stood down with the onslaught of the late 1970,s early cd,s to the audio market, hardly a worthy replacement, back then, though things are much better now. Get in some better then satisfying cd grade   phase4 vinyl, well worth it. The word is out now...  C & C

Black disc. Thank you so much for this exhaustive list, which really does put phase4 on the archive  map, Its 9.30 pm (GMT) here, so I,ll save in depth reading until the morning, when I can do it justice, but your help has enabled 0 to 60mph on the subject in just a little over a week, which in Lamborgini terms, isn,t great, but in hifi history terms is astonishing. Happy hunting everyone,....but save some for me  C & C 

• Like 1