Hisense choice of tv's

Any Hisense experts out there. I wish to purchase either  the Hisense 85 inch U7HAU  or  the Hisense 75 inch U9HAU.  Will be used as a monitor  and Movie watching . Would I miss the extra specs of the U9H if I bought the 85 Inch  U7H.  Sitting around 3 metres away though seating is a little flexible. Any thoughts welcome. Thank you.

Cant speak to which is better pic quality Craig but they are both mini led tvs with very good local dimming for colour dynamic range compared to older large led zoned models.

If you are using it as a monitor for movies with a separate theater system? the built in 2.1 sound bar of the u9 may be superfluous [ and they both handle dolby atmos decoding ]. And unless you get a projector the 85'' of the u7 will be more " immersive" 🙂

Heres a quote from rtings ; 

The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers recommends sitting at a distance where the screen fills up a minimum of 30° of your field of vision for a good experience.

4k pixels are smaller so you can get closer and be more immersive than a 1080p panel🫠

The u7 look to be the newer of the 2 with many trickle down features of the u9 like hdmi 2.1 vrr ;allm etc

18 hours ago, cwt said:

Cant speak to which is better pic quality Craig but they are both mini led tvs with very good local dimming for colour dynamic range compared to older large led zoned models.

If you are using it as a monitor for movies with a separate theater system? the built in 2.1 sound bar of the u9 may be superfluous [ and they both handle dolby atmos decoding ]. And unless you get a projector the 85'' of the u7 will be more " immersive" 🙂

4k pixels are smaller so you can get closer and be more immersive than a 1080p panel🫠

The u7 look to be the newer of the 2 with many trickle down features of the u9 like hdmi 2.1 vrr ;allm etc

Thanks so much for your input.

11 hours ago, aussievintage said:

Can't answer the specific question, but wanted to say I have a U8HAU and have been very happy with it. The mini-LED system is great and loving the Dolby ATMOS (through an external system).

Its difficult without many reviews on the Aussie models. I hear the TCL 835 shows promise too.  I am a long way  away from viewing one  but I guess I will just have to go and take a look one day. Thanks Craig.

18 hours ago, cwt said:

Actually the U7hau  does not appear to be mini led.

2 hours ago, couchy said:

Actually the U7hau  does not appear to be mini led.

spot on ; silly nomenclature between different continents .The one that is miniled and not just FALD is the U7KAU 😉

Av forum's Hinton thought the TCL had better non clipping HDR highlights as well. Its a VA panel according to someone at whirlpool if you dont need the off axis contrast of a ips 🤨

5 hours ago, couchy said:

Its difficult without many reviews on the Aussie models. I hear the TCL 835 shows promise too.  I am a long way  away from viewing one  but I guess I will just have to go and take a look one day. Thanks Craig.

You want the C845 for the mini led versions. 

I purchased a 85c845 recently and I'm quite happy with it. It's no oled but good none the less.

Have read comments on the TCL being better than the Hisense models.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...