CLASSE SSP-800 + CA-5200 + CA-2100

Item Condition: Mint
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Mile End South
State: SA
Payment Method: Cash, EFT
Reason for selling: Upgrading

Super super rare find in Australia of top end Classe collection. Im selling this imaculate system because I
want to explore dedicated home theatre equipment. If you are into Hi-End music and Home Theatre, then this is
definitely for you!!! at a fraction of the cost. This is a must see and hear!!! Currently set up for audition.

Items can be shipped (90kg)

SSP-800 10-channel Sound Processor (SSP)
SSP-800 has new HDMI 1.4 board installed, along with the latest software. Its just as amazing for 2ch music as it is for movies. 

CA-5200 5ch Power Amplifier

Power: (continuous) 200 Watts RMS x 5 into 8 Ohms, 370 watts into 4 ohms

CA-2100 2ch Power Amplifier

Power: (continuous): 100 Watts RMS x 2 into 8 Ohms, 200 watts into 4 ohms

classe ca5200.jpg

classe ca2100.jpg

Classe set.jpg

SSP-800.jpg

2 minutes ago, Starsailor said:

Love Classe gear, nice looking stack... glws

Thank you!! it's a regretful sale, but I'm 95% cinema so I want to upgrade to a processor with Atmos. Even though I know it will never sound like the Classe gear. (Unless I spend 40k)

It's not just the looks, which are stunning, but Classe gear sounds fantastic.  Still sorely miss my Sigma 2200i and still running two Classe Sigma Mono amps which sound absolutely incredible.  

As a thought,  keep the amps, and get something like a Marantz SR8015.  This will give Atmos, with the Marantz driving the overheads.

as an fyi, I have SR8015, 2 x Classe CAM-600s, and Sigma AMP5.   Works really well.

Cheers

5 hours ago, Steve100 said:

As a thought,  keep the amps, and get something like a Marantz SR8015.  This will give Atmos, with the Marantz driving the overheads.

as an fyi, I have SR8015, 2 x Classe CAM-600s, and Sigma AMP5.   Works really well.

Cheers

From personal experience, it would be step back.  I had the Marantz AV8802 and had been a life long Marantz fan from the 1980's.  Went to the Classe Sigma SSP and the difference was incedible.  Nowhere near as many features but the sound quality was unbelievable.  The AMP5 is awesome -I use one also.  

In my view, the only Marantz option that would come close would be the 8805 and I'm still not convinced that it would match it in terms of sound quality

The sound I have right now is amazing, I don’t need much room correction as it is,  I would keep the amps, well the sound I would keep. But the last thing I want is all this mis match colours and so on. I heard a room last week with some Focal inwalls and a marantz receiver, with over 20k in room treatment. I was not blown away, I thought I had much better sound . So if I had to upgrade it would have to be something very serious.

• Like 1

The reason for my listening was because they had the perlisten subs, now that was some serious subs!!! Absolutely amazing to hear. Likely the subs I will get.