Backsliders @ the Memo StKilda

cazzesman

Well the 3 year wait was worth it.    Bought tickets pre covid and then the world collapsed.   When life got back on its feet, Midnight Oil decided to tour and Rob had the old seat back...........

Dom Turner, Rob Hirst and Ian Collard were in fine, fine form and obviously excited to be playing again.    Our front row seats were brilliant.  The 3 were all set up right at the front of the stage, so the entire gig was like it was in my Lounge room.   

The 95 min show was filled with highlights.    As always Rob was a mesmerizing machine on the kit.    He is truly hypnotic.   I can't believe how hard he hits when in full flight.     He can go from Midnight Oil beast mode to Backsliders groove mode in a heartbeat.     He must have to throw away his shirt after every gig because he was sweating absolute buckets.

I said to my wife the band is like a great Italian Meal.    You just need 3 or 4 truly wonderful ingredients, and the rest takes care of itself.     

The Backsliders have those 3 inspiring ingredients, all in sync and the result is Bellissimo.     

Like Mabo - It is all about 'The Vibe of the Thing'.

Brilliant.     

Regards Cazzesman

PS.   Love, love, love the Memo.   Such a great venue for the older folk.   What's not to love about a table and chair 🙂

• Like 1

Yes indeed, I'm looking forward to seeing them again at Mitchel Creek Blues Festivle in September, last time I caught Rob's drum sticks which he threw into the crowd at the end of their set. Concidering the state I was in, I believe  miracles do happen!

• Haha 1