Red Hot Chili Peppers and Post Malone - Brisbane @Suncorp

Just got home - awesome gig! 👍

Logistics were terrible 👎

• a 30 minute queue to get into the venue, after a 10 minute walk from where the Uber dropped us as the access roads were totally choked.
  • We had thought we'd allowed plenty of time to catch Post Malone's set, but he was 3-4 songs in before we got inside
  • then a 20 minute queue for beer

The Olympics will be a debacle if they don't get logistics way better!

My kids are more familiar with Post Malone than I am...it was only after I played his stuff leading up to the gig that I realized I'd heard it on the radio.

Not my thing, but he put his heart and soul into it for a good set.

His sound engineer let him down - where we were (about 5 o'clock and about 15 rows back from the pitch/standing area) the bass was boomy :(

I was worried the Chili Peppers would be the same...stadium gig/tough to get the sound right etc etc...

OMFG - truly awesome sound - I think the last gig I was at in the same venue was U2 many years ago, and I had to move from my seat to find better sound.

The Chili Peppers rocked - loud but not stupid loud, and the mix was fantastic with super clean bass all the way down.

Frusciante (lead guitar) and Flea (bass guitar) are maestros!

cheers

Mike

• Thanks 1

One of the main stories on this mornings news , some people complaining of a 1 to 1.5 hr wait , you may have been lucky Mike.

Great to hear that the show in general rocked 🎸.

I'm with you on the coming Olympics logistics debacle , I don't think they have even purchased a shovel yet.

On 30/01/2023 at 1:43 AM, almikel said:

Just got home - awesome gig! 👍

Logistics were terrible 👎

• a 30 minute queue to get into the venue, after a 10 minute walk from where the Uber dropped us as the access roads were totally choked.
  • We had thought we'd allowed plenty of time to catch Post Malone's set, but he was 3-4 songs in before we got inside
  • then a 20 minute queue for beer

The Olympics will be a debacle if they don't get logistics way better!

My kids are more familiar with Post Malone than I am...it was only after I played his stuff leading up to the gig that I realized I'd heard it on the radio.

Not my thing, but he put his heart and soul into it for a good set.

His sound engineer let him down - where we were (about 5 o'clock and about 15 rows back from the pitch/standing area) the bass was boomy :(

I was worried the Chili Peppers would be the same...stadium gig/tough to get the sound right etc etc...

OMFG - truly awesome sound - I think the last gig I was at in the same venue was U2 many years ago, and I had to move from my seat to find better sound.

The Chili Peppers rocked - loud but not stupid loud, and the mix was fantastic with super clean bass all the way down.

Frusciante (lead guitar) and Flea (bass guitar) are maestros!

cheers

Mike

Glad you enjoyed it.

One of my sons went along, mainly to see Post Malone, and loved seeing him. He was looking forward to seeing RHCP, but found the sections with the new songs pretty boring.  I wouldn't call him a big fan though.

I saw them on the BSSM tour many decades ago, but didn't go to this, as I'm not into barely anything they've done this century and knew they were playing a fiar amount of new stuff

7 hours ago, SeeEmArgh said:

Went to the concert here in Melbourne last night - fan of Post and the RHCP. Had an absolute blast! Only issue was the bar running out of beer. 

9A373EE7-9EC3-49CC-BE8E-31E086DBD28C.jpeg

hilarious comparison of Flea with a beanie and long sleaved shirt in Melbourne compared to the sweltering night in Brisbane :)

On 06/02/2023 at 12:35 PM, NoCoder said:

One of my sons went along, mainly to see Post Malone, and loved seeing him. He was looking forward to seeing RHCP, but found the sections with the new songs pretty boring.  I wouldn't call him a big fan though.

Lots of people I spoke to were there for Post Malone...and clearly I don't get out enough, as I'd never heard of him before I went listening leading up to the gig...

On 30/01/2023 at 1:43 AM, almikel said:

Post Malone's sound engineer let him down...where we were...the bass was boomy :(

I don't get this - given how awesome the sound for the RHCP was...anyhoo doesn't matter...Post Malone is not my thing...

On 06/02/2023 at 12:35 PM, NoCoder said:

but found the sections with the new songs pretty boring

I wasn't familiar with the new songs either - but IMHO the whole set rocked - I'm very glad I went! 👍

In a drunken moment last night we bought tickets to the Smashing Pumpkins and Jane's Addiction concert on the Gold Coast 30 Apr.

Looking forward to that!

cheers,

Mike

• Like 1