Back to Analog

I just upgraded my system and am listening to lots of records and enjoying the newly rediscovered hobby.  I previously had my Sony STRD-390 from middle school (1992) and my dad’s old Technics SL-B100 (1985).  Ran them through Triangle BR-03s.  Had to get a separate phono amp with a subsonic filter to chillax the driver vibration. Ran that about a year.

At Christmas picked up a Pro-ject debut pro as a REAL nice present from the lady and decided I needed a better amp so found a Marantz 2220.  Small room.  I like the Marantz because the buttons feel nice and it has blue.  And it has the nice, real good sounds.  Okay there’s my story - not the posting type but thought there may be interesting stuff to read here.

As a post script, I’m discovering that I really like jazz fusion instrumentals.  I can listen to dad rock in the car going to work…

image.jpg

30 minutes ago, Grizzlerr said:

I just upgraded my system and am listening to lots of records and enjoying the newly rediscovered hobby.  I previously had my Sony STRD-390 from middle school (1992) and my dad’s old Technics SL-B100 (1985).  Ran them through Triangle BR-03s.  Had to get a separate phono amp with a subsonic filter to chillax the driver vibration. Ran that about a year.

At Christmas picked up a Pro-ject debut pro as a REAL nice present from the lady and decided I needed a better amp so found a Marantz 2220.  Small room.  I like the Marantz because the buttons feel nice and it has blue.  And it has the nice, real good sounds.  Okay there’s my story - not the posting type but thought there may be interesting stuff to read here.

As a post script, I’m discovering that I really like jazz fusion instrumentals.  I can listen to dad rock in the car going to work…

image.jpg

good choice of the album playing,nice everything including the guitars and amp++++++