SONIC ART SILVER LINE MK2 is finally here!!

SonicArt

SONIC ART "SILVER LINE MK2" RCA & XLR CABLE RANGE

I have been working on a new version of the original 1994 SILVER LINE cable for some time now, most of covid I think! :D

The new design incorporates design ideas from the REFERENCE series cable range, it runs individual shielded hot and cold conductors and a more advanced conductor construction over the original SILVER LINE. The "Time Aligned" geometry that I settled on back in 1994 is still there, in fact it is incorporated into all my cables including the hi purity copper analogue cable found in the VINYL LINK range.

This new cable is quite amazing, why?

1. Because some of the comments from my cable testers included: "are you planning on redesigning the REFERENCE range? because this new cable is very close in sound!"

2. Because the price has hardly changed in 20 years! In fact the XLR version is slightly cheaper! Cost for the Neutrik silver plated plugs I use has come down over the years (decades) and there is not a lot of difference between the various plugs used on the SILVER LINE range now.

A 1 metre pair of SILVER LINE MK2 RCA interconnects will set you back $230.00. For the price you get an amazing amount of technology and material quality, you get MilSpec construction of the cable in its entirety, coupled with careful assembly by me ;) into a finished product.

You dont get a box, (well you do, but its plain white for shipping), you dont get fancy packaging, you dont get to see the cables advertised all over the net and magazines (something I should probably rectify as I have had magazine reviews in 4 languages across various countries in the past before I took time off) what you get is a really good sounding cable, like a straight wire, the cable has little to no sonic signature, it is fast, maintains rythm and timing (which is crucial to the enjoyment of musical playback) and gives you a transparent stage with excellent placement and a lot of micro detail.

It does take time to burn in! 150+ hours, I know its a pain, to that end I have invested in ProBURN cable burning equipment, and can offer 48h cable burn-in for all customers ordering new cables, free of charge! :)

I am a little limited in how many cables I can make right now, as I am waiting on a larger batch of conductor material, but we are good to go as of this week for RCA and XLR interconnects!

To end this little spiel, I would like to reach out to owners of Sonic Art cables who may be reading this, to share your experiences with the cable in your system.

SILVER_LINE_MK2-1sm.jpg

• Like 1