I need help with a (potentially) inherited set of Audio gear

On 02/11/2022 at 1:26 PM, Achtlos said:

I'll add it's all currently not with me until maybe after Christmas.

I'll post pics and so on.

Shame I'm not into hifi like this, at most I'm a soundbar guy...

Well IME, once you've heard your favourite music on a good audio system you'll never be content with a "soundbar".

IMHO a soundbar is just a step above the woefully inadequate tiny and tinny sounding speakers built into 99% of flat panel TVs so I completely understand why people buy them.

I think once you've got this gear setup correctly and had a chance to have a good listen to it, I don't think you'd be wanting to sell it off in any hurry.  To replace it with new gear of equivalent quality will cost you a lot more than what you are likely to get for it on the second hand market.  Just my 2c worth.

• Like 1

On 02/11/2022 at 12:36 PM, Achtlos said:

I need some directions on what it might be worth

Sell it all here piece by piece on SNA.

This is what I think it's worth retail "quick sell" and if in "good condition".

Dbx 3bx three band dynamic range expander $200

Marantz model CD6000OSE limited edition CD player $400

Primare CD21 compact disc player $800-1000

Audio lab 8000T FM/AM Tuner $300

Linn Sondek LP 12 turntable with Linn Ittok LV-11 Pickup arm and Linn Asak Moving Coil Cartridge $2500

Dekstand for turntable $300

ME 850 power amplifier $2500

ME 25 pre amplifier $1000-1500

Sony XA3ES compact disc player $200

2 DUNTECH Marquis speakers $3500-$4000

DENON AU - 340 Audio step-up transformer $300

DENON DRM-540 stereo cassette tape deck $50

Cheers George

• Like 2

一小时前,乔治菲说:

一块一块地卖Sn å.

这是我认为值得零售“快速销售”,如果在“良好的条件”。

Dbx 3bx三波段动态范围扩展器

Marantz型号CD6000OSE限量版CD播放机400美元

prime cd21光盘播放机$ 800-1000

音频实验室8000T FM/AM调谐器300美元

Linn Sondek LP 12转盘与Linn Ittok LV-11拾音臂和Linn Asak动圈墨盒2500美元

转盘Dekstand $ 300

ME 850功率放大器2500美元

ME 25前置放大器1000-1500美元

索尼XA3ES光盘播放机200美元

2个DUNTECH侯爵扬声器$ 3500-$ 4000

DENON AU-340音频升压变压器$ 300

DENON DRM-540立体声盒式磁带卡座50美元

干杯乔治

Yes. A good new ME850 amplifier is worth between $2000 - $3000 in Australia, depending on age and condition. The 25 front is about $1,000. Because I'm collecting my amps. There is a strange thing, the ME850 amplifier in China its value is not high, a set of about 8000 RMB.

• Like 1

Verify each items used worth by googling for sale each item brand, equipment type and model last sold in Australia and you get an idea the value. You should see several or more items that were advertised for or sold in the past at various sites like here, gumtree and elsewhere.

• Like 2

On 07/11/2022 at 12:02 PM, Monkeyboi said:

Well IME, once you've heard your favourite music on a good audio system you'll never be content with a "soundbar".

IMHO a soundbar is just a step above the woefully inadequate tiny and tinny sounding speakers built into 99% of flat panel TVs so I completely understand why people buy them.

I think once you've got this gear setup correctly and had a chance to have a good listen to it, I don't think you'd be wanting to sell it off in any hurry.  To replace it with new gear of equivalent quality will cost you a lot more than what you are likely to get for it on the second hand market.  Just my 2c worth.

I listen to music either in the car, or in headphones walking the dogs. Everything I watch on TV now uses DTX,  dolby atmos etc.

I have heard system running at full tilt playing Wagner, unfortunately that's not really my thing.

• 4 weeks later...

On a practical level.........are there original packing boxes for this treasure trove. If you don't have the original packing boxes then selling a pair of Duntech Marquis at 53  KG each could be a headache/ backache. Pack  n Send I hear them say..........check out what they charge to make a box.......gasp or faaaark!