TVs with a seperate connection box

Looking at what is around for TVs with a separate box for all I/O.

Samsung has/had the One Connect box, but it's hard to see if any current TVs use still.

Any other manufacturers using a similar system?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The 2023 Samsung S95C model 2nd Generation 4K QD-OLED's, which they just announced at CES 2023 will have a One Connect box, when they hit the stores in Australia is unknown.

Pre Covid -Chip shortage, new model TV's usually hit the stores around March/April, but last year Samsung's current QD-OLED, the S95B didn't get into the stores until mid September.

It will be pricey, and sizes will be 55"" 65" and 77", and as yet nobody has mentioned if it has a heatsink on it, one would hope so given the new brightness levels these QD-OLED's can hit......I wouldn't buy a QD-OLED that didn't have a heatsink, like the cheaper S90C, put it that way, too much image retention from previous scenes, let alone less long term panel life, which with current OLED's is a half life of 35,000 hours before they start dimming/yellowing noticeably, much like old CRT TV's

The QD-OLED's have taken all the limelight with Samsungs 2023 lineup at CES 2023, so I'm unsure if any of their NEO-QLED - Mini LED/LCD TV's will have a One Connect Box.

EDIT: The One Connect Box is still only available on the 8K models.

Still no Dolby Vision with any Samsungs, which really makes a difference if watching 4K discs and streaming content that is encoded with it with these high brightness, extended colour gamut QD-OLED's......They do look stunning though, I had the SONY 65" A95K QD-OLED [Uses the same Samsung QD-OLED panel] for a whole 9 weeks before it got killed with a hit to the panel , and that did have a heatsink and Dolby Vision, but I had to pay for it in typically SONY fashion, still worth it, best TV I've ever owned.

HDR-10 or HDR-10+ is a poor substitute in comparison to Dolby Vision IMHO.

Edited by Tweaky
  • Like 1