IGNORED

Integrated amplifier with streaming recommendations

Hi All,

Looking for recommendations for an all in one integrated amp with streaming. Current set up is a Rega P3 for vinyl and streaming tidal from my desktop PC through a schiit modi all going into a Rega brio. Speakers are monitor audio bronze 5. 

I'm thinking I want to get away from needing to have my PC hooked up. I guess easiest is to get a bluesound streamer and just hook into the Brio. What other options do I have? Was looking at something like the roksan attessa streamer and do away with the Brio.

Cheers 

Edited by Shorbit

1 hour ago, Shorbit said:

Was looking at something like the roksan attessa streamer and do away with the Brio.

An excellent idea.

The Attessa amplifier/streamer uses the Bluesound  OS which is proven to be user friendly and mature in the market and while nothing is ever perfect the OS isas glitch free as anything can be and sounds all the better being in the Roksan rather than a NAD class D.

I previously owned the Attessa amplifier without the streaming facility and it is a stylish and good sounding amplifier. You wouldn't call it lush or warm,but it has great clarity, detail and does not veer into being bright or analytical.

It has some of the character of the Brio but was more powerful and detailed and worked well with my Silver 500 (6G).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the suggestion. That NAD C 700 looks good. That's probably the sort of money I'd be spending. I really only need an input for my phono pre. Just want a good amp without going to separate DACs/boxes for streaming. I rarely listen to vinyl now. 

I've had the Marantz MP7000n for about a year and have loved it. 

It sounds great through my Ascension Sentinels and the software has been glitch free, although admittedly I use Spotify Connect most the time. 

It's a great sounding one box solution I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been investigating a similar path. I have a 1st gen Bluesound Node I want to upgrade - and while my traditional Marantz amp is a solid performer, I'm thinking of going for a combined amp/streamer to reduce the number of boxes and wires crowded into the entertainment unit. A nice, user-friendly screen displaying my music wouldn't go astray either. And yes, I have a turntable as well.

One key factor that may guide your decision is the importance you put on how your analogue / phono signal is processed. I would be saving my pennies right now for a Naim Atom, which sounds and looks superb, but these units convert everything into digital before they convert back to analogue. I believe the equivalent NAD and Cambridge Audio (Evo) range do the same. Frankly, I might be kidding myself that I would hear the difference, but the idea of having my vinyl go through to digital and then back to analogue again ... well, it just doesn't seem right to me. 

From what I can tell, this makes the Roksan Atlessa streaming amp a rare beast - it uses the user-friendly BluOS for streaming but *I think* doesn't force digital conversion of analogue/phono signals (although I'd want to double check that). I just wish it then had the aesthetics and screen of its NAD / Naim / Cambridge Audio counterparts!

Good luck with your decision 👍

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Tone Malone. I was just reading the same thing about the NAD C 700. Interesting that all inputs go through the digital domain. I'm not sure I could tell a difference really but my ears would try to find one. To me the vinyl thing is all about analogue. 

hi Shorbit.....All good recommendations above.   I'm on a similar missions.  Rega P3 turntable - old Roksan Kandy Mkiii integrated amp, and Monitor Audio Silver S6 floor mounts.  Was trying to get the Rega into the open lounge area, but got 'the look' when I mentioned the speakers....so went with some in-wall sonance...knowingly, they cant perform to the level of the RS6's.  So, back out to the rumpus room for the Rega.  Now I need a streaming amp for the lounge area, so my dearest SWMBO can stream music and listen to the radio at the press of a single button.  I think the new Bluesound Powernode Edge will do the trick there.   

For the Rega P3 - I want to update the amp & speakers (both 15y.o.), to really get the best out of it.  I recently added the Schiit Mani 2 mm/mc phono pre-amp, and that really opened up the sound stage with additional detail and sustain....lovely to hear on 70's rock - Led Zepp - made Bonhams drums so live - crash cymbals rang on and on...beautiful to hear (yes, i'm a drummer!).  The Roksan still has a great phono stage, but the Mani 2 adds that little bit more for not a huge additional cost.

My biggest dilemma now is which path to head down on the amp side of things....integrated, v separates, A, A/B, tube...etc....I'll start looking around the forums for P3 users and what they're using.

Good luck with your decision!

• Like 1

I am in the same boat as well, looking for an upgrade but after something integrated and with more power. Very interesting how both the Naim, NAD and evo (which I do love the look of) all covert RCA inputs to digital and back again...  does anybody have any further information on that ? 

• Like 2

I was looking for something similar earlier in the year. I ended up with an ex demo Devialet expert pro 140. Very happy with it so far. 

You  can configure in many ways and if using a turntable you can match an input to the cartridge you are using.  It also has SAM which matches your speakers to the system. I found both of these functions improved the sound. Ultimately I stuck to an external phono stage though.

• Like 1